Sporting Odds Merge with Paradise Poker

morlspin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sporting Odds swap to Paradise I suck at MTTs:sad however others suck much more than me :rollin have qual'd for the 20K guarentee (again) tonight (4 buy ins so $8 total) and the blowfish ($100 buy in) on a $5 super sat - for 1 add on ($10 total) the play is very poor - I would encourage all of you to switch and play:ok Damo ps no I am not on commision - but it really is very easy if you play TAG! and then shove you made hands PF and flop and get called by wombles with nowt

Guest gazza271

Re: Sporting Odds swap to Paradise HELP............. After last nights problems I tried tonight to log into SO again but again had no joy. I uninstalled SO and went to download it again BUT the SO website only has the new paradise poker download available :unsure Have tried doing a system restore to a few days ago, all other sites are fine but nothing with SO, any suggestions ?

Re: Sporting Odds swap to Paradise

HELP............. After last nights problems I tried tonight to log into SO again but again had no joy. I uninstalled SO and went to download it again BUT the SO website only has the new paradise poker download available :unsure Have tried doing a system restore to a few days ago, all other sites are fine but nothing with SO, any suggestions ?
Maybe gazabroad can give you the link? Failing that Joe Legge I'm sure will help out :ok

the play is very poor - I would encourage all of you to switch and play:ok
I'm just playing on the 5c/10c tables and first impressions (less than an hour into my session) are that the standard of play is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the boss tables.... My usual strategy of sitting tight and waiting for premium pairs or the nuts and massively over betting isn't working because I'm just not getting any muppet callers....... They do have 1c/2c cash tables for anyone wanting to try cash games cheaply :ok

Re: Sporting Odds swap to Paradise I am talking tourneys - not cash I can't win a MTT on Boss to save my life, yet on paradise the record is $20 STT (short) won $2 super sat to $20K - qualified - Main event Cashed for $384 $5 super sat to $100 buy in - qualified - main event 12th (out of 30 ish) (paid 5) $2 super sat to $20K - qualified - main event cashed for $175 These are the only tourneys I have played so far - apart from the million freeroll I got entry to as a new player and came 300 or something odd out of 900+ entrants on the super sats muppets are calling with any 2 at any point even with nothing on a flop - simply coz its a rebuy - so if you are TAG and can wait you will get paid off (of course you are dodging all kinds of shite PF with an AI raise to a couple of callers at least:rollin ) And when it comes to the main event they ain't much brighter - -I got done in the $100 when reraising AI for 3K with AQ (100/200 blinds) after raise to 600 from villian with 5K who had A7o....... Just think you would do well there with you rock approach to MTT's Damo

I'm just playing on the 5c/10c tables and first impressions (less than an hour into my session) are that the standard of play is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the boss tables.... My usual strategy of sitting tight and waiting for premium pairs or the nuts and massively over betting isn't working because I'm just not getting any muppet callers....... They do have 1c/2c cash tables for anyone wanting to try cash games cheaply :ok

Re: Sporting Odds swap to Paradise though obviously you do get to lech at Caprice on this page - so its not all bad ;) Damo I dont think it will - coz when you click on the poker tab at the top it goes here http://www.sportingoddsgames.com/c/paradise/ Damo

This is what I log onto.... http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp? Does that help? No it doesn´t, thats for sports betting and gives the paradise download. Sorry.

Re: Sporting Odds swap to Paradise Have emailed you the setup file - good luck:ok Damo

HELP............. After last nights problems I tried tonight to log into SO again but again had no joy. I uninstalled SO and went to download it again BUT the SO website only has the new paradise poker download available :unsure Have tried doing a system restore to a few days ago, all other sites are fine but nothing with SO, any suggestions ?

Re: Sporting Odds swap to Paradise Sorry Damo but we have wires crossed here. I have the old Boss software and GAF thought I could help but I dont really know how. You sent me whatever it was(me thinking it was something to maybe access something that i could send on to Gazza) He´s now offline and I think You got us mixed up, (too many Gazzes on here). Have to wait until tomorrow I think, when he comes back online :ok

If I hadn´t read it on here I wouldn´t know about it. The homepage is exactly the same as its always been for me and I havent been offered anything to change. Is it just me or anybody else the same?
Same here. When I logged in to SO earlier this week all I got was a big update and required me to accept new T&C (exactly same when I opened Virgin). Played Safety Net tonight with no problems (except how I played :eyes ). However was looking for the Champ League table on the site tonight and it's all change there. If you want info on the Boss side of things you need the 'Existing Players' tab, but there doesn't seem to be a download option. http://www.sportingoddsgames.com/c/paradise/boss-tournaments.html I think it's very strange that they haven't sent information out by email to existing players.

Has anyone noticed that the rake structure on Boss has changed. I played on the 5c/10c tables last night to get into the 50up club. After about 30 mins I clicked to register and it told me I had played 0 hands. I cant find anywhere what the rake situation is now. Anyone have any ideas?
Info here http://www.sportingoddsgames.com/c/paradise/loyaltybonus.html From August 2006 the Loyalty Bonus will be altered. You can now earn up to $110 in free money each month. The new bonuses will still be won by playing raked hands over each month; 1000-1999 raked hands = $25 2000-2999 raked hands = $75 3000+ raked hands = $110 However, the following tables will not be included when counting the raked hand bonus; USD 0.05c/0.10c NL + PL USD 0.10c/0.20c Limit USD 0.12c/0.25c NL + PL TRY 0.25/0.50 NL, PL + Limit This bonus will be credited automatically to your account on the first working day of each month.

Guest gazza271

it should be with you let us know how it goes Damo
Your a star :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana Cheers mate,owe you a beer. Downloaded and all seems to work ok :hope

I agree with GaF. I first started playing on paradise, and did ok. After leaving there and getting involved with PL, I opened up an SO account. Their low level ($10 buy in ) Tables have a 'see the flop' %age of 50+. In 2 sessions i have doubled my bankroll. SO appears easier than Paradise!

Re: Sporting Odds Merge with Paradise Poker My bruvver John (one of the computer illiterate ones.....) is a long term SO player (johnbern is id he uses). His computer crashed and he needed (apparently) a new harddrive and system install. So his SO poker client disappeared. So when you go to www.sportingodds,com it doesn't seem to offer a download of the old boss client but only a download of the paradise one. Anyone any idea how he can recover his old SO software as he's got numerous points and qualifications for 50Up final etc..... ???????????? :beer Obviously he's gonna email [email protected] amd see if they can suggest anything..... but wondered if anyone here has any suggestions

Re: Sporting Odds Merge with Paradise Poker Phil, I had a similar problem. Washman kindly emailed me the setup file yesterday, and it installed OK, but when I run it, it tries to update and runs into problems. I could email you the setup file to see if your brother has better luck, but it seems unlikely. If he does find a solution, I'd be interested to know. In my case, I have no desperate need except that it means I can't play in SO tournaments that only run on the Boss site.

Re: Sporting Odds Merge with Paradise Poker Someone e-mailed a copy of the old setup file to Slapdash yesterday... I would offer to but I don't know whether I can do it properly or not. If all else fails I'd be happy to post him the setup file on CD. It would probably get there by Saturday. :ok Edit: Just seens slapdash's post. Sorry.

Re: Sporting Odds Merge with Paradise Poker Yep, getting Slapdash to email me the setup file but suspect from his problems with it he'll have the same problem. Hoping that SO enquiries can come up with a solution. Think my bro wasn't too impressed with the paradise selection of games and it looked to me that their "raked hands" equivalent was much harsher (as well as the better the devil you know factor....). In the meantime I've suggested he sign up for BetDirect and take on a few of their freerolls to achieve his poker fix :lol - the new player freeroll on Dec03 is the one I came 2nd in for $350 a month ago - really good value. :ok

Re: Sporting Odds Merge with Paradise Poker

Phil' date=' Damo emailed me the set up file a few days ago and it worked fine. Have forwarded it on to you via email :ok[/quote'] Maybe it's a problem with the version of the setup file I have. Would you mind sending it to me as well, Gazza? I'll PM you my email address.

Guest gazza271

Re: Sporting Odds Merge with Paradise Poker

Maybe it's a problem with the version of the setup file I have. Would you mind sending it to me as well, Gazza? I'll PM you my email address.
sent mate :ok