** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

F1 German Grand Prix 30th July

Re: F1 German Grand Prix 30th July

SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionBUTTON to finish in the points
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningBasically backing both Hondas to finish in the points. Only ned 1 to make a profit. I know Honda have been awful recently, but I think it's about time they got it back together. They were pretty strong here last year and I think Button drives this track really well. They looked to have made improvements in testing in Jerez and I think that can translate into a solid weekend. The thing with the Honda (and the couple of BARs before it) is that it is very sensitive to the tyres, more so than other cars. This year we have mainly seen that after safety car periods when the tyres aren't right it falls apart. Well there recent downturn has pretty much coincided with the Bridgestone improved performance and the Michelins struggling a bit in the heat. I think this has hurt the Hondas more than anyone else and they could get it back this weekend. Michelin have rushed development and brought a new envelope of tyres here and apparently they are going a bit aggresive and performance is up. Also it looks like being a little cooler this weekend and that should help. Anyway, I still rate the Honda package above the likes of all the Red Bulls, BMW, Williams (not Toyota) and I think they can get back into the points this weekend.
SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionBARRICHELLO to finish in the points
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningBasically backing both Hondas to finish in the points. Only ned 1 to make a profit. I know Honda have been awful recently, but I think it's about time they got it back together. They were pretty strong here last year and I think Button drives this track really well. They looked to have made improvements in testing in Jerez and I think that can translate into a solid weekend. The thing with the Honda (and the couple of BARs before it) is that it is very sensitive to the tyres, more so than other cars. This year we have mainly seen that after safety car periods when the tyres aren't right it falls apart. Well there recent downturn has pretty much coincided with the Bridgestone improved performance and the Michelins struggling a bit in the heat. I think this has hurt the Hondas more than anyone else and they could get it back this weekend. Michelin have rushed development and brought a new envelope of tyres here and apparently they are going a bit aggresive and performance is up. Also it looks like being a little cooler this weekend and that should help. Anyway, I still rate the Honda package above the likes of all the Red Bulls, BMW, Williams (not Toyota) and I think they can get back into the points this weekend.

SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionRAIKKONEN to get pole position E/W (1/5 1,2,3) (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date29/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 13.00 (Back)
ReasoningFancy McLaren to show improved performance this weekend. It's about time they got themselves together and this is the perfect time. The thing is with McLaren, whenever they don't think they can win the race, they go defensive and fill it up with fuel. This year that has proven to be quite costly and I don't think it's a good strategy if you qualify in the top 10. Anyway, Haug has said that they are ditching that strategy this weekend so I expect them to go pretty light and that should put Kimi ight up there with Schumi and Alonso. This should also be a track that suits McLaren; I've been saying for a while now that McLarens probably are mainly aerodynamic and they struggle in medium and high speed corners. So this (like Monaco earlier this year) is a track that should really suit them. Also expect a push from Michelin and with forecasted cooler temperatures Kimi could be right up there. Best price is actually 15.00 from Sporting Odds but they don't let you go E/W. I think the E/W part is the best bit of this bet so we'll go for the slightly lower price.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix 30th July Cheers Kev:ok. Here's a weather report from the BBC....

Heidelberg, Germany Current Nearest Observations: cloudy 23°C NW (7 mph) Relative Humidity (%): 69, Pressure (mB): 1009, Rising, Visibility: Good View this forecast in Fahrenheit t.gif
but_get5day_forecast_on.gift.gif
t.gif
t.gift.gif fiveday_summary.giffiveday_maxmintemp_c.giffiveday_wind.giffiveday_visibility.giffiveday_pressure.giffiveday_relhumidity.giffiveday_sunindex.giffiveday_pollution.gif
t.gif
Symbol key (Help!) default_qst_mark.gif Please move your mouse over a symbol to view its description.
t.gif
t.gift.gifSaturday t.gifSunrise 05:51 (CEST) Sunset 21:13 (CEST)10.gif31.gif31°C 18.gif18°C v_N.gif6 moderate 1009 50 t.gift.gif
t.gif
Sunday t.gifSunrise 05:52 (CEST) Sunset 21:11 (CEST)1.gif32.gif32°C 19.gif19°C v_W.gif5 moderate 1012 31 t.gift.gif
t.gif
Monday t.gifSunrise 05:54 (CEST) Sunset 21:10 (CEST)3.gif27.gif27°C 17.gif17°C v_W.gif6 moderate 1016 50 t.gift.gif
t.gif
Tuesday t.gifSunrise 05:55 (CEST) Sunset 21:08 (CEST)7.gif24.gif24°C 17.gif17°C v_SW.gif13 moderate 1013 64 t.gift.gif
t.gif
Wednesday t.gifSunrise 05:56 (CEST) Sunset 21:07 (CEST)12.gif24.gif24°C 20.gif20°C v_SW.gif13 moderate 1011 70 t.gift.gif
Now I know the temps still look a little high, but earlier in the week they were 35 (where the ****'s the little o on my keyboard:lol) for Saturday and 32 for Sunday so this is a little better.

Sat practice: Red Bull gives Klien wings Saturday, 29, July, 2006, 11:32
spacer.gif
:openwin('Popups/Photo.aspx?IM_ID=38521','',770,550,'yes')'>38521_1.jpg Young Austrian driver Christian Klien defied the form-book to set the fastest time of the weekned in the final practice session for the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim. The 23-year-old is under pressure to keep his drive with the Red Bull Racing squad for next season, and his 1m15.628s lap was the perfect response to his doubters. Not only that but team-mate David Coulthard's fifth fastest time indicates that Red Bull has found some wings ahead of qualifying. Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello further endorsed Honda's return to form with the second and third fastest times ahead of Felipe Massa's Ferrari, DC and Giancarlo Fisichella. But the order is somewhat misleading for an off-track excursion by Sakon Yamamoto late in the session brought yellow flags out in the final sector destroying any chance of an improvement by late chargers. One of those was Michael Schumacher, who had recorded the fastest first two sector times of the weekend when he was forced to throttle back his Ferrari. German GP free practice 3 times 1. KLIEN Red Bull 1m15.628s

2. BUTTON Honda 1m15.651s

3. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m15.963s

4. MASSA Ferrari 1m15.977s

5. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m16.080s

6. FISICHELLA Renault 1m16.130s

7. HEIDFELD BMW 1m16.167s

8. RAIKKONEN McLaren 1m16.218s

9. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m16.307s

10. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m16.322s

11. ALONSO Renault 1m16.427s

12. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m16.532s

13. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m16.600s

14. ROSBERG Williams 1m16.690s

15. WEBBER Williams 1m16.834s

16. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m17.419s

17. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m17.740s

18. MONTEIRO Midland 1m17.793s

19. YAMAMOTO Super Aguri 1m18.643s

20. SATO Super Aguri 1m18.668s

21. ALBERS Midland 1m19.254s

22. TRULLI Toyota no time
I don't normally bet before i know the grid positions (though i sometimes do live betting for pole position) but i figured that given the speed the red bulls are showing, Klien was worth a small bet to get in the points at 7.0 (stan James) ................ down to 5.0 now, but betfair still have 6.2 available :ok

Re: F1 German Grand Prix 30th July Absolutely loving it - what a ****ing lap that was, we knew they were going light didn't we?:ok Hondas 4th and 6th and back in form. You won't believe the price you could get after Michael was a tenth down in the first sector (TV wasn't showing it:lol):nana :nana Hopefully this will turn into a good weekend:ok

Did Kimi just do a 1.14.0?:eek :eek :eek :loon :loon :loon That'll ding-dang-do for me:nana :nana :nana :nana
Great call Mr I :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap I just had my best Qualifying live betting sesion ever ................................ Thankyou Kimi :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

Great call Mr I :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap I just had my best Qualifying live betting sesion ever ................................ Thankyou Kimi :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
Yeah the in running prices were mental:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana. Renault really struggling and a bit of a mixed up grid - should create some good prices for the race;)

SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionMASSA to finish on the podium
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningWell, let's not over react to Kimi's pace in qualifying. I am CERTAIN that the Ferraris are a lot heavier and they are the class of this field by some margin. Let me break it down; everyone from 7th upwards (others had problems) went 4 or 5 tenths faster in Q3 than in Q2 EXCEPT both Ferraris who were both 5 tenths slower. That very clearly indicates heavy fuel load as I don't recall any problems on there laps. Renault seem to be well of the pace and should have a few problems with the Hondas in the beginning. I think Massa can beat Kimi as well, but that is not the issue here, but I'm sure on pace he will be on the podium and this is a decent enough price to take.
I'm off to look at the other markets......

Re: F1 German Grand Prix 30th July Any 2 from 3 will show a profit.....

SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionKLIEN v Rosberg
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningThe Red Bulls have shown some very god pace this weekend and I think they are a little unlucky to be starting 10th and 12th. However, they are still in a very decent position and I like the look of Klien against Rosberg. He's starting 2 places ahead and I don't really think the Williams is that strong this weekend, I'd rate these teams pretty evenly. Because of that, and the fact that Rosberg has shown to be pretty reckless at times this season, I think Klien is a pretty strong bet at odds against.
SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionCOULTHARD v Villeneuve
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningAlready mentioned that I think the Red Bulls have very good pace here and this looks like a good match up. DC starting 10th with Villeneuve 13th so I think getting 1.8 is good enough. The BMW looks well off the pace this weekend and doesn't seem to have any balance (similar to at Imola, not entirely sure why - perhaps they are struggling over the curbs). Anyway, I think this is pretty generous given the difference in grid position and pace so I'm willing to have a go.
SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionBARRICHELLO v Ralf Schumacher
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.88 (Back)
ReasoningI've already predicted that Honda will be back in the game this weekend and they've shown so far that they've got the pace back. They've spent a lot of time this season working on there race pace because of the problems that they had early in the season and I think that is about to pay dividends. I think they'll be pretty strong tomorrow, and certainly a match for Toyota. We know Toyota have been in great form lately but they haven't really shown it this weekend - Ralf was involved in a little crash in Q3 which compromised his running so perhaps we did not see his true pace. However, I don't think they'll be faster than the Hondas and with Rubens starting 2 places ahead I think he's a decent bet here.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix 30th July I couldn't help myself.....

SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionM SCHUMACHER / MASSA duel forecast
Strength10/10
Date30/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningI've already mentioned how I think this race will go down towards the front and I really don't think the Renaults are quick enough to get involved. So that leaves 3 guys fighting for 2 spots for this bet and I'm willing to go for the Ferraris to get a 1-2. I really think they are significantly heavier than Kimi, I'm not talking 1 or 2 laps but more like 6 or 8. I think strategically this is going to work perfectly as with Kimi at the front the field should become stretched out and then the Ferraris will be able to pick off Kimi when he comes in early and will probably find traffic when he comes out. The Schumi/Kimi combination is slight favourite for this but I think Schumi/Massa should be a slight favourite, at the prices the bookies operate this I think it should be 2.62 with Schumi/Kimi at 2.75. Definately worth a go at this price.

I've already mentioned how I think this race will go down towards the front and I really don't think the Renaults are quick enough to get involved. So that leaves 3 guys fighting for 2 spots for this bet and I'm willing to go for the Ferraris to get a 1-2. I really think they are significantly heavier than Kimi, I'm not talking 1 or 2 laps but more like 6 or 8. I think strategically this is going to work perfectly as with Kimi at the front the field should become stretched out and then the Ferraris will be able to pick off Kimi when he comes in early and will probably find traffic when he comes out. The Schumi/Kimi combination is slight favourite for this but I think Schumi/Massa should be a slight favourite, at the prices the bookies operate this I think it should be 2.62 with Schumi/Kimi at 2.75. Definately worth a go at this price.
Pretty much the way i see it going, so for the third race in a row i'm betting Massa for a podium and M SCHUMACHER / MASSA Duel Forecast, (just missed out last race after renault made a great move switching alonso to a two stopper) Kimi is definately much lighter on fuel, so there is a good chance of both ferraris going past him after he stops much earlier. The pace of the ferraris in qual 2 was far superior to the others, so i'm going for michael schumacher fastest lap and overnight someone has matched some of my stake on betfair @ 2.0 :clap :clap :clap :clap I've also taken some @ 1.81................. the price still seems to be dropping. The only real challenge i can see is if Kimi puts in a scorching lap early on before his first fuel stop, as if Massa puts in a fastest lap you can be guaranteed that Schumacher will beat it just to prove he is better than his team mate................................ i really don't see anyone else having a chance of going fastest :ok

Pretty much the way i see it going, so for the third race in a row i'm betting Massa for a podium and M SCHUMACHER / MASSA Duel Forecast, (just missed out last race after renault made a great move switching alonso to a two stopper) Kimi is definately much lighter on fuel, so there is a good chance of both ferraris going past him after he stops much earlier. The pace of the ferraris in qual 2 was far superior to the others, so i'm going for michael schumacher fastest lap and overnight someone has matched some of my stake on betfair @ 2.0 :clap :clap :clap :clap I've also taken some @ 1.81................. the price still seems to be dropping. The only real challenge i can see is if Kimi puts in a scorching lap early on before his first fuel stop, as if Massa puts in a fastest lap you can be guaranteed that Schumacher will beat it just to prove he is better than his team mate................................ i really don't see anyone else having a chance of going fastest :ok
Great minds....good luck mate:ok