WSOP HORSE event heads-up

slapdash

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up Obviously ESPN will feature on merely the turning points that allowed Chip to get back int o it rather than the solid bullying that allowed Andy to get to a 6:1 chip-lead. Some of these WSOP final table heads-up can take ages. They're not necesarily legendary but they take ages. I couldn't pick a winner out of these two (it's a 50/50 shot or someone has an edge depdnding on your opinion). You should read the talk over at 2+2 (it's a contrarian's paradise! :loon).

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up I put £10 on Jim Bechtel at 13/2 with Stan James before the final table action started. He finished 4th. I should have gone with the other 13/2 shot, Andy Bloch but I don't think I could have withstood 10 hours (the final table's been going since 5am) worth of action to find that Andy just lost a 6:1 chip-lead and then also find that he's gone slightly behind. If there was ever in-running betting for the WSOP, the bookies can bring it on. There probably wouldn't have been too many fluctuations in real-time. I would have made Andy a 2/7 favourite with a 6:1 chip-lead. Chip now has 3.75 million to Andy's 3.4 million. I'd make Chip 4/5 favourite. Reese has being folding a lot of hands and now it's Bloch who's seemingly on the defensive.

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up It wouldn't have looked so good now though! :lol :rollin They're both nipping away at each other, mosty checking on the turn and river. Could be another few hours yet unless we ssee something stupendous like two pair versus trips on the flop (hey, that reminds me...).

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up Yeah, it's been ALL NL Hold'em for the final table. Supposedly a demand by ESPN or something. :eyes It's a right ding-dong this. Bloch retakes the lead, 4 million to Reese's 3.15 million. I've no idea what the blinds are...we could have a winner effectively by 'default'.

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up

I've no idea what the blinds are...we could have a winner effectively by 'default'.
I think it's 30K-60K with a 10K ante (i.e., 40K-70K). At least, they said about an hour ago that they had just raised to that. Still relatively small compared to the chip stacks.

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up The hand that broke the deadlock was more or less a coinflip.

On a flop of 9spade.gif8diamond.gif3diamond.gif, Reese checks and Bloch bets $120,000. Reese moves all in and Bloch makes the call and shows 9club.gif7spade.gif for a pair of nines. Reese turns over Kdiamond.gif6diamond.gif for a flush draw. The turn is the 5diamond.gif, giving Reese his flush. The river is the Kclub.gif and Chip Reese has doubled up.
Bloch was about a 54% favourite after the flop.

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up Chip count for final table: 1- Jim Bechtel $841,000 2- Doyle Brunson $1,227,000 3- Chip Reese $1,756,000 4- Dewey Tomko $438,000 5- Andy Bloch $934,000 6- T.J. Cloutier $351,000 7- David Singer $745,000 8- Patrik Antonius $13,000 9- Phil Ivey $885,000

Re: WSOP HORSE event heads-up Sorry, I edited as I misremembered. These were the odds for the final from Blue Square: Chip Reese (1756k) 5/2 Doyle Brunson (1227k) 7/2 Phil Ivey (885k) 11/2 Andy Bloch (934k) 6/1 Jim Bechtel (841k) 13/2 David Singer (745k) 8/1 Dewey Tomko (438k) 14/1 TJ Cloutier (351k) 16/1 Patrik Antonius (13k) 200/1 These were the odds from Stan James: Reese, Chip-1,756,000 Chips 9/4 Brunson, Doyle-1,227,000 Chips 100/30 Bloch, Andrew-934,000 Chips 13/2 Ivey, Phil-885,000 Chips 11/2 Bechtel, Jim-841,000 Chips 13/2 Singer, David-745,000 Chips 7/1 Tomko, Dewey-438,000 Chips 14/1 Cloutier, T-J-351,000 Chips 16/1 Antonius, Patrick-13,000 Chips 150/1 I wasn't following all of it (I woke up at around 9am) but Chip never lost the chip-lead until Andy knocked out Phil Ivey. :eek