Contrary thinking

jgadefelth

Re: Contrary thinking I have not read the book but i think of a thing like this on person raise all the other fold except me i have somthing like 89s or somthing like that the flop comes and there is no ace or face card but there is an 8 so i raise not the turn shows an ace or an king eather it is an 5 he fold i win i think there will be face card or aces on the table only about 50 % of the time. Best Regards John

Re: Contrary thinking I played Lawrence Gosney(semi-famous Brit Poker player) at the Bolton Poker6 who played very much like this. After 3 hours he had half the chips at the table but playing TAG I knocked him out 2 hours later. The key to this type of play is knowing when to switch gears.

Re: Contrary thinking I'll chuck this one in here then...seems daft, but amazing when it works. The first hand of massive freerolls (and even low stakes MTTs) are often all-in fests. If I am sat on the blinds, say with 45o, and 4 or 5 others have gone all-in, then I will also go all in. My argument is that if they are all realistic calls then they could be blocking each others requirements e.g. AK,AJ,QK,JK,AQ. So my 45 would surely have the greater chance of hitting the pair, or the straight come to that ?!?! OK, so any pair stuffs me, but it is wonderful to see the chat when you pull something off like this. Maybe this reasoning is why I am so rubbish at poker!!!!

Re: Contrary thinking I think you are probably right.......:tongue2 you CANNOT win a tounry in the first hand of the game (or the first couple of levels) - but you can LOSE it in the first hand Damo

. Maybe this reasoning is why I am so rubbish at poker!!!!