Hodgey's STT Challenge

Hodgey

Ok this will be my attempt to go from $0 to $1000 on STT's! I enjoy reading when others try these sort of things, so spurred on by staffy's thread and this wonderful spreadsheet and also cos it gives me extra incentive to do well here goes. A little background info first: As you may or may not know I started playing poker in January this year. After reading Mr V's brilliant thread, I decided to try and get myself a decent bankroll from nothing. I'm pleased to say I have managed this. For the first 4 months I was playing loads of freeroll's, and mico-limit STT's. Towards the end of this time I had upped the STT's to $2.50's and was doing ok. Then at the beginning of May I won the Interwetten Freeroll, prize being $20! However, it would only be released with player points - and I needed 80 of them (40 x $5 STT). I thought this would be an ideal time to up my STT buy in and see how I got on. (Interwetten suited me because I had once read that the standard of $5 STT's on the Interwetten/Europoker/Pokerroom network was similar to that of the 10c STT's at Blue Sq because they are both the lowest available level at their respective sites - good piece of advice that, think it was someone (just found it - Ovalman :ok ) on Philosify's thread - thanks.) And here are the results from the first 40 STT's in my quest: After 10: +$5 After 20: +$55 After 30: +$65 After 40: +$100 So, I released my $20 winnings and made $100 into the bargain. And from this wonderful spreadsheet, amongst other things, I can see that I have a ROI of 45.5% and am ITM 42.5%! iw402pt.jpg So here goes my attempt to get to $1000. At current levels I would hope to hit it around game #400, which is quite some way off. However I plan to have a go at the $10 tables once (if) my overall bankroll increases a bit so hopefully this will speed up the process, and the hourly rate (unless I get a caning!). Summary: Entry Fees $220 Prizes $320 Profit $100 :hope

Re: Hodgey's STT Challenge Good luck Hodgey, you should do well on this site. I've spent some time on Hollywood Poker which is another of their sites and from starting with freerolls and moving on to the $5 + 50c SNG's I fairly quickly made over $200. On another of their sites PowerPlayer I was given a free $10 won my first SNG and ran it up to $185 pretty quickly.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.