Rugby League: Super League - Round 20

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Tantalsingly close to a clean sweep but 3/4 aint bad. ;) Cant put my finger on what happened at Leeds. Burrow was on kicking duties. I wonder if Sinfield has picked up another injury.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Quite fancy the look of Cas @ 2.62. Already beaten Quinns convincingly in London 20-34 after being 12-0 behind early doors. It really wasnt fashionable to be losing to Cas back then. Theyd come off the back of a 60 point humping at Leeds. Some big boys missing for Quinns(Haumono, Temata, Williams). Cas lose McGoldrick but Lupton looks well capable to step in. I really think they can do this. Head to head and current form point the way.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Hey guys, some great posts in hear tonight, i love it when the rugby threads get the attention they truly deserve....:clap :clap :clap :clap I missed tonight's games as I was travelling to my parents in the good old north west :ok , to be fair I did fancy Wakefield tonight +12pts, by the sound of it looks like the ref didnt do them any favours. I also fancied Les Catalans +30pts, was so tempted to back it, but decided to stick to my instinct and go with the Giants +8pts. Mearl, many thanks for your words in the Round 19 thread....I will post a reply asap ;) Henry, great to see you back on the threads :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20

Tantalsingly close to a clean sweep but 3/4 aint bad. ;) Cant put my finger on what happened at Leeds. Burrow was on kicking duties. I wonder if Sinfield has picked up another injury.
:clap 3/4 was very good Henry. I got stung by doubling my stakes on leeds. managed to claw back 90% of my wakefield stakes, (+12 and +16), by taking some wakefield +22, +26 and +30 before half time. so i'm glad i kept the faith. wakey were good going forward with a full team! :wall in football they say bad reffing decisions are levelled out over a season. :tongue2 well klein has been slaughtered for his performance on the fair forum and his name cropped up all too often on previous occasions. i'd be accused of talking through my pocket, but it seems a lot of neutrals who watched the game are of the opinion, that ashley klein made some terrible decisions. wakefield could be relegated on the back of a bad game by the referee. :@ i can only hope that on another week his reffing will go in my favour! :unsure think the wildcat fans will have gone home unhappy after that game. :@ have not done a post mortem yet on the leeds match. sounds like it was a cracker even though i did my dough. :\

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Full time score from the early kick off....

salfordcityreds.gif Salford2024Hullhullfc.gif
No bet for me in this one, but if I was going to have one it would have been the home with the +8pt start. They havent lost by that margain at home for over a year now. You gotta give praise to Karl Harrison, he has built up a solid side and look good for a play-off place, despite losing today, and are a good bet with a (+) handicap at the Willows this season. Hull are grinding out the results now and are on such a great role, danger for me is that they may have peaked too soon and will run out of steam come the play-offs.

Definitely worth a small pop on HUll to hit the -6 spot on. They hit the -8 bang on last week and 16/1 is simply too big for a team that is continually hitting the h'caps OR missing them by less than a try 09 as they've done in each of their last three home games plus last away game. Obviously there'll be an lement of luck for this to come in but 16/1 is a value price. I'll be seeing the MoV markets for this one with it being on Sky but going for a system bet is sure to pay off Take Hull 1-5 & Hull 6-10 and I'm confident you'll be counting some winnings after the match
Hope you took the MoVs Grim :ok Good analysis of the game!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Result from this afternoon's SL game....

Harlequins RL2416Castlefordcastlefordtigers.gif
Quins win by 8pts!!! :loon
Harlequins RL vs Castleford Tigers (-4/+6)

Wigan and Wakefield may be the relegation scrap everyone is talking about this weekend, but Quins vs Tigers is a true 4-pointer in every sense of the word. Two points could go a long way come Round 28, now with Wigan unfortunately closing the gap on the rest.

Many would fancy the inform Tigers to continue their outside hopes of a playoff push, they scored 50+ last week against the Wolves and Danny Brough seems to be making all the difference.

Quins do have some injury concerns (Missing will be Solomon Haumono, Danny Williams, Karl Temata and Jon Wells), but gut feeling tells me that they will be taking the spoils on Saturday. They have had some hard luck of late, losing late on to Wigan (24 vs 26) and losing away to Hull & Les Catalans, despite putting in a spirited performances, a defeat at home this week, could spell danger signs for the London club.

Quins can match the strong Tigers in the pack with the likes of Mills, Purdham and Tookey taking on Sculthorpe, Nutley and Ward, but I feel Quins have more quality in the backs, with captain McLindan and welcome return of Luke Dorn. These backs need to put in a big performance and exploit to most leakest defence in Super League.

Small bet on the home side to cover the 4pts.

Harlequins RL 20-man squad: Bradley-Qalilawa, Budworth, Gafa, Heckenberg, Hopkins, Leuluai, Lolohea, Lucky Luisi, Mbu, McLinden, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Mills, Paul, Purdham, Randall, Smith, Tookey, Weisner, Worrincy, Dorn.

Castleford 20-man squad: Platt, Pryce, Shenton, A. Fletcher, Dyer, Lupton, Brough, R. Fletcher, Roarty, Fa’aoso, Manu, Sculthorpe, Huby, Henderson, Nutley, Ward, Viane, Handforth, Whitaker, Kain.

Recommendation: Harlequins RL -4pts @ 1.90 @ ladbrokes (1pt)

Prediction - Harlequins win by 12pts

(Scale 1-5pts)

That will do very nicely! ;) Hope some of you got on!! :ok :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Maybe you guys are getting tired of hearing this but here it goes: GREAT STUFF!! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Cant tell you enough how impressed I am with this work that all of you do. These rugby threads seem an endless source of winners atm. Keep it up! :ok

Maybe you guys are getting tired of hearing this but here it goes: GREAT STUFF!! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Cant tell you enough how impressed I am with this work that all of you do. These rugby threads seem an endless source of winners atm. Keep it up! :ok
Cheers Bamse mate :ok We have all enjoyed some good success over the last few rounds, its that time of year where punters pull back on the bookies, as we have a better feel of teams & players etc. If Huddersfield stay with 8pts of Warrington tomorrrow i will be a very happy bunny. Thanks for the support mate :ok

Recommendation: Harlequins RL -4pts @ 1.90 @ ladbrokes (1pt)

Prediction - Harlequins win by 12pts

(Scale 1-5pts)

great tipping as usual rugbylad. :ok see that if forced to have a bet you would have kept the faith with salford this week.:ok i was too tempted by the -2 hull first half handicap and the -6.5 full time handicap. bet just before kickoff, 2 points on each. there i was only about 12 minutes into the match and staring at a 4 point loss, with salford 16-0 up! :wall somehow i kept the faith with hull and backed them at various handicaps from +10 down to scratch and managed to turn a 4 point loss into a 1.50 point profit. the last minute try won me the extra half point. so in this instance the video ref's two controversial decisions helped me. a nice change after ashley klein's performance at wakefield on friday. :) well after that close shave and helter skelter ride decided to avoid the quins match, which was just as well as i would have sided with a small bet on castleford with a 4 start. :) hope you are wrong rugbylad about hull peaking too soon. they were very fortunate not to lose yesterday. may steer clear of the warrington match later today. whilst of late warrington should be renamed dires and not wires, i'm not sure that i have faith in huddersfield away from home. i see briers signed a new two year contract this week. could this be the week that wires leave their dreadful form behind them? :unsure think for all you wires fans who are fed up of your team losing and not covering a negative handicap, that you'll be happy for them to win but still not cover if you are with huddersfield with the start. :D

12 points start for the Bulls seems a little high in my view. I know Leeds hammered them the last time but Bradford have a number of times in the past overpowered Leeds. Bradford may not be on great form but with 12 points start they have to be the pick.
back of the net! :nana

I'll be seeing the MoV markets for this one with it being on Sky but going for a system bet is sure to pay off Take Hull 1-5 & Hull 6-10 and I'm confident you'll be counting some winnings after the match
:ok spot on grim!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 If anyone is looking to play the Wire Vs Giants in play. Its interesting to note that in both Giants last 2 games (against Bradford and Leeds) they managed to concede 30+ points in the 2nd half after being water tight 1st half. If this one goes the same way, could be worth a look at half time for a market that plays to that.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 20 Poor rugby league in this one so far. Poor handling and kicking game keeping us 0-0 so far. Under total points is sinking fast. Its not looking like a high scoring one.