Rugby Arb

Hi All, This is my first posting. I don't gamble a great deal but am fascianted by strategy systems for betting. I have been fooling around on an arb calculator and came up with this bet for the Six Nations Rugby. The bets are all on outright winners FRANCE 11/8 (Ladbrokes) bet £286 ENGLAND 3/1 (Paddy Power) bet £170 IRELAND 9/2 (Bet Odd or Even) bet £124 These are the three favourites to win. With the above bet you lay out £580 but if any of the teams win you get a net profit of £100. You also do the following bets WALES 9/1 (V Chandler) bet £68.50 SCOTLAND (Ladbrokes) bet £20 ITALY 300/1 (Paddy Power) bet £2.50 The total outlay on all bets is £671.00. This is what you win depending on the outright winner France - £8.25 profit (1.23% return) England - £9.00 profit (1.34% return) Ireland - £11.00 profit (1.64% return) Wales - £14.00 profit (2.01% return) Scotland - £9.00 profit (1.34% return) Italy - £81.50 profit (12.15%) You have covered all bets and cannot lose, no matter who wins. The returns are not massive, but you cannot lose. I only discovered the Arb Calculator last night so hopefully I can spot a few more arbs in the near future. As I said earlier, I am not a gambler so if there is some fault in the above system please let me know. Regards TommyBoy2

Re: Rugby Arb Hey tommyboy2 and welcome to The Punters Lounge! :welcome Your calculations are correct (I make the arb 1.37%) but these type of long term arbs simply aren't worth doing when you consider that you could get around 4% return over the same time in a savings account. There are only a few posts on this site delaing with arbitrage so I suggest that you look at www.arbforum.co.uk for more information if you intend to pursue this. Good luck!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.