** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Russ' Rags

Afternoon guys, Don't usually post on here too often read it all the time though i'm basically just lazy!!! However after being lucky enough to have a few winning picks in the Royal Ascot Tipster Competition i thought i'd share my thoughts on my idea of a NAP for today. The selection runs in todays Chesham Stakes which is the 2.30 Ascot and is Mark Johnston's Always Fruitful. Okay here's a few stats: All 3 runs up to now have been over 6 furlongs, but each time has shaped as if 7 furlongs would be the optimum trip and finally gets his wish today. First time out won a maiden at ripon on good ground and despite running greenly managed to get up and shaped as if todays trip of 7 furlongs would suit. On its next outing at Ponty he was a well beaten 4 lengths second by Tuesdays Coventry winner Hellvelyn however ground may not have been to suit (Godd to Soft) and again 6 furlongs may not have been the best, and we must remember that the Coventry is a much better race and Hellvelyn is now being touted as a possibility for next years guineas. Last time out finished a length behind Sadeek on Good to Firm another animal which ran creditably in the coventry finishing 8th. When finishing behind Sadeek at Epsom it was slowly away and gave away 6 lengths which is a slight concern however it was steaming towards the end runniing on very strongly and did brilliantly to reduce the gap to just 1 length which again adds weight to the belief that todays extended 7 furlong trip would be ideal. With good to firm ground again today and being well drawn in 4 i really can't see past it and strongly recommend it to everyone. Now i've tipped it up it'll no doubt end up 20 lengths last and i'll end up with egg on my face.:hope :hope For those of you considering a punt on it, it's a best priced 11/4 with quite a few. Cheers guys, Russ

Re: Russ' Rags I backed it at Pontefract when it got beat by Hellvelyn. I was very impressed with Hellvelyn that day which boosted the form this week. It was also a fine effort behind Sadeek and the horse certainly has the form. Johnstones horses have just hit form and it has a great chance today. Already backed into 5-2 on Bet365 site. Up against some unknowns and the horse Fallon rides looks to be the danger.