England vs Sri Lanka ODI Series

Tonight the 1 day cricket bonanza begins with the International Twenty20 match down at the Rose Bowl. I'm not unpatriotic in any way but Sri Lanka are too good a price for me not to support them.

EventEngland vs Sri Lanka
SelectionSri Lanka
Strength10/10
Date15/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetfair @ 2.40 (Back)
ReasoningI think Sri Lanka are massively overpriced in this game. I'm sure everybody will be looking back to last year when we tonked the Aussies in this form of cricket but that night England lined up as follows: Trescothick, G Jones, Pietersen, Flintoff, Vaughan, Collingwood, Strauss, Solanki, Lewis, Gough and Harmison. Tonight no more than 6 of those will line up. Importantly Flintoff won't be one of them. I think Sri Lanka are perfectly made for Twenty20 cricket and they got off to a great start in their warm up match knocking up 180/3 off 16 overs before rain ended the contest. I believe they have the perfect formula to be successful at Twenty20. A good batting lineup with a mixture of solidity and dynamite and an array of slow bowlers to take the pace off the ball towards the end of an innings says to me they'll be a tough nut to crack. England will be relying on messers Trescothick and Pietersen for quick runs but their bowling attack, Harmison aside looks like cannon fodder. We're looking at an attack most likely consisting of Plunkett, Mahmood, Dalrymple, an unfit Collingwood and Tim Bresnan. That won't be giving Jayasuriya, Sangakkara, Jayawardene and co too many sleepless nights. If Jayasuriya can tee off in this I don't think England will catch them and SL have plenty more batting if he fails. SL are an incredibly good price here and get my full support.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.