GOLF-US Open

Re: GOLF-US Open Obviously,there is going to be a lot of markets for this,so will try & be patient!! My early hunch is for Adam Scott in his excellent form(played 4 tournaments in May/June & been in top4 in each),but not sure how? He is 20/1 with Skybet(1/4 odds 12345) w/o Woods and Mickleson,which is same odds as Betfred in outright betting! Maybe safer option is ROW market,where PP and Skybet go 8/1(1/4 odds 1234),though so much quality in list...Any thoughts? :)

Re: GOLF-US Open Not exactly outsiders but for me Furyk at around 23 and Luke Donald at 33 look decent value. Both rank well for Driving Accuracy and GIR which are two of the biggest factors here. Here's why: Furyk stats DA rank = 4th GIR rank = 14th Won the Wachovia championship last month and two top 20's since. Former winner of the US Open in 2003. Donald stats DA rank = 18th GIR rank = 19th Won the Honda Classic in March and 5th last week at the Barclays classic where his driving accuracy was particularly impressive with 83.9% fairways hit. DaddyG01

Re: GOLF-US Open

Not exactly outsiders but for me Furyk at around 23 and Luke Donald at 33 look decent value. Both rank well for Driving Accuracy and GIR which are two of the biggest factors here. Here's why: Furyk stats DA rank = 4th GIR rank = 14th Won the Wachovia championship last month and two top 20's since. Former winner of the US Open in 2003.
:welcome I agree with you about Furyk, i am on as well. Former winners tend to do well here. Also PHIL MICKLESON 15/2 @ Paddy Power Runner-up three times here & has won last two majors including 3 of last 7 in US. Used last weeks tournament as prep so should be ready. With Paddy Power, if you have win bet on player and he finishes 2nd or tied 2nd, we get our money back ;)

Re: GOLF-US Open Well this could be a lot of fun, the fairways are tighter than ever the rough has grown longer than planned due to heavy rain last week and the greens are a nightmare, add in the longest par 4 on tour and a few other surprises and we have the best players in the world scrapping it out to stay level par! cant wait!! Just 3 bets, all along the lines of accuracy with a bit of length and average putting stats. Ian Poulter Top GB/Ire Player 14/1 Paddys (1/4 123) Only a handful to consider here and with Donald, Howell and Harrington such poor value Poulter is worth a go at 14/1. Playing well in the states on the whole and figures high up in the accuracy stats which will be needed here more than anywhere. G.Ogilvy Top Australasian 8/1 Paddys (1/4 123) Adam Scott is fav for this but not one on my side, with Appleby not accurate enough and O'Hern not long enough its a toss up between Allenby and Ogilvy. Allenby has withdrawn from his last two events so cant be backed seriously so the 8/1 about the selection appeals. S.Ames Top ROTW 14/1 VCBet (1/4 123) Much smaller odds at some places this market doesnt include the Australians either. Ames usually plays well in the big tournaments and i cant have Els (form) Singh (price) or Goosen (inconsistant) at the moment. Doesnt miss many cuts and his stats for GIR are good. Loads of other markets to consider and may well be a tournament to get involved in once weve seen how difficult it is.

Re: GOLF-US Open

I agree with you about Furyk, i am on as well. Former winners tend to do well here. Also PHIL MICKLESON 15/2 @ >Paddy Power Runner-up three times here & has won last two majors including 3 of last 7 in US. Used last weeks tournament as prep so should be ready.
Bob, when you say 'here' i take it you mean US Opens, they havnt played at Wing Foot since 1984, Davis Love did win around here the last time an event was played back in 1997, but that was PGA title. The course has been lengthened some 300yds since then so there is no real course form as such. Only 5 players who took part in 1984 are here this week.

Re: GOLF-US Open I fancy Arron Oberholser to go well this week. Gamebookers have him at a stand out 100/1 to win, and 20/1 to be placed 1-4. He has decent US Open form (9th last year), and he has recently won on the circuit. Just small stakes to keep some interest in the US Open. 0.5pts to win @ 100/1 1.5pts to finish top 4 @ 20/1 (Gamebookers)

Re: GOLF-US Open Been looking at the Specials and found this at Sporting Odds Winning Score to be -3 or better @ 9/5 Could have this totally wrong as many experts believe any round under par will win, i fancy someone will shoot low and if we have some juice left in the greens after the rain in the states they will be able to fire at the pins. -3 isnt asking too much and if the first couple of days are bad then they will set the course up easier for the weekend after the big boys have all put in their complaints. Worth a shot at this price!

Re: GOLF-US Open I don't know much about golf and I may have missed something, but can you not make a certain 2.4 point profit on this tournament? At the time of writing I see IG with a 21-24 price on Tiger Woods on their leaderboard index. Spreadfair, and the other firms, however, had much lower prices with 16.8-18.6, being the lowerst (on Spreadfair). I'm not overly experienced with spread betting so I've probably got something horribly wrong, but by selling 21 at SI and buying 18.6, can you not make an easy 2.4 point profit? I've checked and they both have the same points for each finishing position, too, so you can't get caught out that way. Have I made a mistake, or is this free money? Clotty.

Re: GOLF-US Open Best bet by far is Retief Goosen @21.00 1/4 odds 1st 5 places Money-Back Special Back a player to win the 2006 US Open and if he finishes 2nd (or tied 2nd) Paddypower will refund all losing outright bets placed before the start of the tournament on that player. The Goose has won two of the last five U.S. Opens and is currently ranked 3rd on the US moneylist. Winged Foot will require accuracy as well as an ability to execute draws and fades, all of which plays into Goosen's hands. He's also the world's best fast-greens putter, as evidenced by his triumph at Shinnecock Hills in '04 & Winged Foot has lightning fast greens. Last year at Pinehurst, he led entering Sunday but shot a final-round 81. One thing I like with The Goose is that whilst everyone is talking up Woods, Mickelson, Singh snd Els chances, he will quietly get on with his game and come Sundays Final Round he'll be there up the top of the leaderboard! ***** for a place - *** for the win. :ok ***** = Make an orderly queue at the Bookies payout **** = Great Chance *** = Good Chance ** = Fair Chance * = Outside Chance

Re: GOLF-US Open Just got back in time for this great tournament. Going first of all with the Goose. Always seems to up his game for the majors and especially the ones in the States. On his day hes as solid as they come and although not spectacular can compete with the best as he has shown before in this tournament. Reteif Goosen 1pt each way @ 21 ladbrokes 1/4 odds 12345 A Brit who showed some good form the other week and has the game for this tournament where accuracy is key is Englands Luke Donald. Has what it takes to win in the US as he's shown before and if he can drive and keep it in play then hes sure to be there or thereabouts come Sunday and the payday. Luke Donald 1pt each way @ 26 sporting odds 1/4 odds 12345 A big price for me is for a consistent performer on tour this season and thats Australias Adam Scott. Been involved in most of the 4th rounds hes played in this season and with some luck could've picked up some more wins. For me this price is huge value for a very talented up and coming player. Adam Scott 2pts each way @ 41 bet365 1/4 odds 12345

Re: GOLF-US Open We cant keep making excuses for Tiger, when his dad was ill we were saying his mind wasnt on it, since his death Tiger did the right thing and kept away from golf and spent time with his family, the fact is no matter how good you are, these days the golf is such a high standard, you simply cant have 9 weeks off and expect to play a tournament like this on a course like this. To make him 6/1 fav was a joke although i didnt expect him to shoot 12 over! My bet of the winning score to be -3 looks cooked aswell!! Backed Ogilvy to win it in running after 2 great rounds, Top Aussie will do though!

Re: GOLF-US Open D'oh two Double bogey's and Kerrie has lost his way....... his odds have drifted out to 45/1 .....theres quite a few big hitters gathering better momentum around him which would explain the big price.......He showed good character not to drop further shots on a difficult course when finishing up and still has a good chance at placing

Re: GOLF-US Open You gotta love Big Phil (getting bigger by the hole) but 6/4 with a complete round left is way too big [short - i ment short]. People, he is bit wayward from the little wooden peg, capice.

Lay @ betfair 2.4

Set your back @ 3.0 plus (dependant on your stake and nerves) I’ve asked for 3.6 (yes that’s my £5) will give you a few hours fun tomorrow.

Go the field.

Re: GOLF-US Open this is drama of the highest degree i really really really want Monty to get this. come on Monty, 99 starts in the US without a win, come on my son!! this will be one of the most emotional wins ever seen i believe monty on 18th, Mickelson on 17th in trouble, both +4

Re: GOLF-US Open fcuk it, perfect drive & fluffs the 2nd shot & double bogeys - Monty you blew it again WTF happend on 17th, Mickelson drives way left over the trees & it lands in a bin??? so he drops it in sight of the whole, whats the betting someone dropped that ball in the bin, how come they get their own rules !!! On my local, we would have played from the bin!!