Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck

morlspin

blinki1 posts the large blind 30.00 garthpower posts the small blind 15.00 garthpower: --, -- blinki1: --, -- bad boys1: --, -- méhecske: --, -- betfred1: --, -- KOKO17: --, -- philipp24: --, -- morlspin: 8d, As jule76: --, -- Pre-flop: bad boys1: Call 30.00 méhecske: Fold betfred1: Call 30.00 KOKO17: Fold philipp24: Fold morlspin: Raise 390.00 jule76: Call 390.00 garthpower: Fold blinki1: Raise 750.00 bad boys1: Raise 1110.00 betfred1: Fold morlspin: All in jule76: Call 1305.00 blinki1: All in bad boys1: Raise 1665.00 jule76: All in Showdown: morlspin shows: 8d, As (high card, Ace) jule76 shows: Kc, Ks (a pair of Kings) blinki1 shows: Qs, Qc (a pair of Queens) bad boys1 shows: Jh, Jc (a pair of Jacks) Flop (Board: 4h, Ad, 9c): Turn (Board: 4h, Ad, 9c, 3s): River (Board: 4h, Ad, 9c, 3s, 10c): Sidepot 3: jule76 wins the pot of 240 with a pair of Kings morlspin shows: 8d, As (a pair of Aces) Sidepot 2: morlspin wins the pot of 1125 with a pair of Aces Mainpot: morlspin wins the pot of 3765 with a pair of Aces (0.00 rake were taken for this hand) :nana :rollin

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! I just won the game tho, $3 nl for a prize of $15 lmao and gaf......yes u know i do lmao edit......in my defence, originally i was trying to steal the pot, then when they all started betting, raising and calling, i figured some to have pairs or maybe all of us to have aces......i was right, but got the luck when it mattered

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! so you know you are behind after your steal attempt is raised/reraised/called and yet you still call with shite? interesting trying to think what the word is..... :tongue2 :eek :tongue2 :eek :tongue2 Damo

edit......in my defence, originally i was trying to steal the pot, then when they all started betting, raising and calling, i figured some to have pairs or maybe all of us to have aces......i was right, but got the luck when it mattered

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! the word is seeing how much success jaded gets when he plays aggressively even though he knows he is behind, i can play the sensible game, but on the $3 stt's if u play sensible u inevitabley lose! like i said, i put people on pairs or ace rags, so i went for it, and this time it worked, obviously i wont post when it goes wrong, but i thought that this was a special bad beat for them all lol update......virgin stt's today played 6 won 4 2nd 1 3rd 1 winnings $75 Outlay $19.80 this is by playing aggressively instead of how it should be played

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck I hope i aint offended you jaded, all i mean is that at times you play super aggresively and get great success usually even when you raise with hands that most others would fold with Ive tried playing aggressively today and it works

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! aggressive is great however, there is no point being aggressive against 3 opponents when you know you are behind especially as you have been agressive and have had call, raise and reraise before it gets back to you that is just silly and is the way muppets play I am not saying don't raise and attempt to steal or only play premium PP etc, but I wouldn't call the reraises with that kind of hand in that kind of situation - regardless of the buy-in - the game is about winning long term and these plays are very bad - even though they can be profitable in the short term :ok Just my thoughts Damo

the word is seeing how much success jaded gets when he plays aggressively even though he knows he is behind, i can play the sensible game, but on the $3 stt's if u play sensible u inevitabley lose! like i said, i put people on pairs or ace rags, so i went for it, and this time it worked, obviously i wont post when it goes wrong, but i thought that this was a special bad beat for them all lol update......virgin stt's today played 6 won 4 2nd 1 3rd 1 winnings $75 Outlay $19.80 this is by playing aggressively instead of how it should be played

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck cheers for your help Damo, i always listen to, and take in people opinions and views and im sure it will help me in the long term and is much appreciated but so far today during my change of game, ive not been out of the money on my STT's, wether its a lucky streak, bad players or just through good play im not sure but heres my new play list for today Played 7 Won 4 2nd 2 3rd 1 Winnings $84 Outlay $23.10 Profit $61.90

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck nice one morls hope you keep this run up:clap maybe you have found the way to play poker that suits you be interesting to try 100 games and see how things are starting to work out Damo

cheers for your help Damo, i always listen to, and take in people opinions and views and im sure it will help me in the long term and is much appreciated but so far today during my change of game, ive not been out of the money on my STT's, wether its a lucky streak, bad players or just through good play im not sure but heres my new play list for today Played 7 Won 4 2nd 2 3rd 1 Winnings $84 Outlay $23.10 Profit $61.90

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck Obviously agree this should be folded to a reraise since it's clearly behind - but, in fairness to morls, if he somehow had known he was up against these 3 specific hands, maybe worth calling his overcard for value....

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck

Obviously agree this should be folded to a reraise since it's clearly behind - but' date=' in fairness to morls, if he somehow had known he was up against these 3 specific hands, maybe worth calling his overcard for value....[/quote'] Well as said earlier, i just had a feeling i was up against either pocket pairs or ace rags, and the number of times ive seen high pairs busted by aces is unreal, so i went for it, orginally a steal tho

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck The hot weather must be getting to people lets get this right - you know what your opponents have and call all in to hit one of 3 outs? okay now the maths A8 21.70% chance of winning PF - so you are a 4-1 dog and I am guessing here (need to know amounts of stack PF), but I think its cost you about another 1200 or so to call?) total winnings are 4900 or so, so u r getting 4-1 for your money - so the maths is correct :eyes and on the flop you are 74.02% to win I still think it is an appalling call even tho the maths says different Damo

but' date=' in fairness to morls, if he somehow had known he was up against these 3 specific hands, maybe worth calling his overcard for value....[/quote']

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck cash (maybe) tourny no why risk your stack so early when you don't have to? throw it away and keep you remaining 1k+ chips don't wish to sound rude, but it is a muppet play to call Damo :cheers

so using the maths and not the brains' date=' i did the right thing?[/quote']

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck lets play around with some card holdings given your initial thoughts version 1 QQ 55 A2 winning odds 14.17 - a drop of a third, even tho the other two hands are worse than the original ones version 2 lets swop the A2 for A9 and you drop to a 9.55% chance of winning Version 3 - all aces non suited A9 A5 A7 you are 23.86% to win version 4 - non suited Swap A5 for AJ and you are 18.64% to win SO all in all, its a poor call if you are up against pairs and another A and not much better against all aces Just a few figures to play around with Cheers Damo

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck Certainly wasn't arguing it was the right call, it was a bad call, and the 18x BB raise with A8 is crazy too (tho at least the reraise gives you a definite answer, you're miles behind). Am just saying that if he somehow magically knew he was up against those exact hands you could MAYBE make a case for calling it, especially factoring him already having covered 380 of the bet. Although I appreciate the implication, that you shouldn't always take +EV longshots in tournaments, if indeed it is +EV (6 outs to sets over 5 cards, not sure) - the stack advantage would be so massive here I'd maybe call for the ace if I was looking at those cards face up. Would fold it every day of the week without that info.

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck Knowing the cards, Morl is a 21.7% shot, so he needs pot odds of about 4-1 for the call to be good (on a purely mathmatical side) If he knows that the 3 players behind him will go all in, then he has to risk 1305 to win 3825 - about 3-1. So he is shy of the odds needed to call assuming he knows everyone will stay in the hand and assuming he knows everyones cards. That really is a "best case" scenario though - against 3 opponents like that, you wont often have a live Ace!!!

Re: Take a look at this Hand, pure genius! ok not genius but bad play and luck This may be me misreading the hand history, but didn't Morl already have 390 of that 1305 in? Meaning he only needed to put 915 in and was now about 4-1?

This may be me misreading the hand history' date=' but didn't Morl already have 390 of that 1305 in? Meaning he only needed to put 915 in and was now about 4-1?[/quote'] As I understand it his stack started with 1695.....

looks like ive kicked up some contraversy with this hand
Not at all mate, no controversy...... ............no one thinks you should have played it :P (not even Jaded I think!!! :loon :loon)