Mansion $1m Freeroll Superstar Challenge

GaF

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mansion $1m Freeroll Superstar Challenge Many thanks for the support everyone, really happy to have made it through - been playing these twice a night all week. :clap :clap Tried my best to blow it at one point, but made it in the end. See you all on Sunday for the final! Steve.

Re: Mansion $1m Freeroll Superstar Challenge

ANOTHER PLer through! :cow :cow :cow :cow Well done Steve! Although I must admit I think that jdspurs and Crusey should consider themselves very lucky if they are allowed through, as they were obviously soft-playing. :spank
here here i would kick them both out

Sorry for being thick' date=' what is soft-playing?[/quote'] Basically it is when you act as a team, and either chip dump onto your team-mate, or don't bet into a pot in order to check it down to the river. These things do happen, but as long as there is no 'verbal' (or online I suppose 'written') agreement it is hard to prove. Last night there were 4 on steveadam's table (inc. the short-stack), and 3 on the other (all big stacks). 2 of the 3 on that table agreed to check hands down so that the short stack 'blinded out' (the phrase they used). The worst example was when jdspurs had 23os on BB(?) and flopped the full house, and didn't bet into it. At showdown he typed into the chat-box, "I kept my word" :\ To me that is soft-playing and cheating, and they should be thrown out. Normally when I'm in a tourney and down to the last 2 tables I have the other table open, and had I bubbled last night I would have been livid, but obviously Marie Paris did not see this.:( I'm still tempted to stick my nose in as a test to Mansions customer support, that so far have imo been very good when listening to customer complaints.

Re: Mansion $1m Freeroll Superstar Challenge Thanks Andy, I understand now. I was watching Steve's table and I remember an observer warning Marie that the other table was waiting for her to go out. Now I see why that was said. I have to admit that I've avoided any Interforum games because of this (I just didn't know that was what it was called). It seems to me that in such games many people may suspect this is happening even if it isn't. For me, that doesn't make for an enjoyable game of poker. I also have to recognise that I might be tempted to do the same and I prefer to avoid such temptations.

I have to admit that I've avoided any Interforum games because of this (I just didn't know that was what it was called). It seems to me that in such games many people may suspect this is happening even if it isn't. For me, that doesn't make for an enjoyable game of poker. I also have to recognise that I might be tempted to do the same and I prefer to avoid such temptations.
Don't worry about soft play between PLers every body here would take your last chip and bubble you without a second thought. We play real poker here unlike some of the other forums.:ok

Don't worry about soft play between PLers every body here would take your last chip and bubble you without a second thought. :ok
Be fair Mick there's a few of the nicer people who would have a second thought. Then go ahead and take your chips anyway:rollin

Re: Mansion $1m Freeroll Superstar Challenge Thats a shame mate, really. You can guarantee that the recent Poker.co.uk forum challenge was played in the right spirit by all but one forum, and because PLers are always knocking each other out of tournies and league games, we don't suffer from having that on our conscience, even though the 'cheating' forum had the audacity to accuse us. :lol :lol :lol

Don't worry about soft play between PLers every body here would take your last chip and bubble you without a second thought. We play real poker here unlike some of the other forums.:ok
Spot on mate, and its more fun because of it too!:lol

True ruthless to the end and yes I am still going on about sharpe bubbling me in the Mansion Superstar challenge:wall:wall I'm not bitter just feckin destroyed :\

Re: Mansion $1m Freeroll Superstar Challenge I agree! I have not seen any PLers soft playing or chip dumping, in fact generally everyone seems to be stealing chips from me... I have noticed McGin and others doing this so there will be payback! Last night on Mansion I was next to Kevsul and tried to steal his chips twice... with a Ax I would add and no-one else in the pot... and each time he had KQ or K10... and each time the lucky ******** beat me! (thought I might one of them!) He did 'donate' some chips later and suggested they were a gift in return for my earlier kindness... seemed I was on the losing end of that bargain though! All very friendly though and I shouldn't think anybody thought we were cheating... not the way I was playing :wall

Re: Mansion $1m Freeroll Superstar Challenge Hello Graeme,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to report your concerns. We take the integrity of our games seriously and appreciate attentive players who help us monitor the games. I have completed my review of the accounts 'scoobydan' and 'joemac'. While cheats may be able to hide what they are doing from other players, when the cards are turned face up (as in our review), there is little they can do without raising red flags. This is where we have an advantage over Brick and Mortar card rooms, since the players cannot toss the evidence in the muck!

In tournament play, we look for a variety of collusive activities, including:

1) Better hand play, where the "team" only plays the better of their two hands 2) Softplay, where the "team" does not bet against each other 3) Chip dumping, where the larger stacked player dumps off chips to the lower stacked player to help him survive. I have reviewed the tournament in question, looking for any unusually played hands by these two players. I am happy to say I did not see any strange play by either player at any time; at all times they appeared to play their hands in their own individual best interests. Overall, there appears to be no indication that these players are colluding in any way, However, the instance where the players used suspicious chat has been closely reviewed and I have contacted both players with a warning regarding their conduct.

I hope you find our reviewing techniques sufficient in this case, please however do not ever hesitate to report any concerns you might have about unusual play to us for review. Thank you for doing your part to protect the integrity of our games.

Regards,

MansionPoker Security FAIR PLAY TO MANSION FOR READING AND GETTING BACK TO ME REGARDING THE INCIDENT LAST NIGHT, HOWEVER I THINK THEY TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT THE HIGH-LITED SECTION NUMBER 3 IS EXACTLY WHAT HE DID, 2 HANDS PRIOR TO THIS HAND THE HIGH STACKED PLAYER TOLD HIS MATE, "DONT WORRY ILL DOUBLE U UP NEXT TIME I CAN", THE HIGH CHIP STACKED PLAYER THEN CALLED EVERY BET MADE BY THE LOW STACK, AND SHOWED NOTHING AGAINST SHORT STACKS 2 PAIR, INDEED DOUBLING HIM UP.

Nice one Graeme' date=' anybody from PL not won one yet?[/quote'] I just went out of the 6.30 game in 5 minutes. 6 on table 3 were sitouts, 2 guys went all in first hand, a guy called srudad won, another sitout arrived so it was just us 2 playing. He went all in every single hand, I kept folding waiting for a decent hand, finally called the BB with A K, srudad went all in so I called, he had a pair of 6's which held up. Not to worry, Peter Crouch has just scored!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drums :drums :drums

Another question: It says the 10 pros will compete online on Mansion to decide who plays in the live final. Anybody know when that happens, and whether it will be possible to watch?
The "Superstar Pro Invitational 2" is in the lobby for 17th June at 17:00 BST