County Championship Cricket 6/6 - 10/6

One pick from Tuesday's matches for me, I think Derbyshire will win the other game starting Tuesday but they're a bit short for me. Will await team news before deciding on any plays on Wednesday.

EventLancashire vs Sussex
SelectionLancashire
Strength10/10
Date09/06/2006
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningSussex go to Lancashire without star bowler Rana Naved who is out with injury, and without batsman Michael Yardy. Lancashire welcome back Sajid Mahmood from England duty and are at full strength. The loss of Naved could be crucial here because Sussex are top of the league, based mainly on their bowling, as their attack have earned them 17 bonus points (compared to Lancashire's 15) whereas their batsmen have only added 12 bonus points. With home advantage and a full squad to counter the injury hit Sussex squad I'm going for a home win here.

Re: County Championship Cricket 6/6 - 10/6 Cheers mate, they've started well and as I type Sussex are struggling at 188/7. I fancied Derby but they've not won a home Championship game for almost 3 years which sort of put me off at such short odds but at 201/3 they seem to be going ok today.

Re: County Championship Cricket 6/6 - 10/6

Cheers mate, they've started well and as I type Sussex are struggling at 188/7. I fancied Derby but they've not won a home Championship game for almost 3 years which sort of put me off at such short odds but at 201/3 they seem to be going ok today.
Yeah I'm happy with their start. Glam look shot to bits right now.:ok

Re: County Championship Cricket 6/6 - 10/6 At this point, this thread may need renaming to the Hampshire thread, I've got so many bets for our match! The game is on Sky and I'm all over it. I've been exploring Expekt and their batsmen match bets are appalling :rollin . So I've duly had a piece of a few of them! Here's my bets for the Wednesday start matches.

EventHampshire vs Nottinghamshire
SelectionHampshire (Not DNB)
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningBeing a Hampshire fan, I'm very reluctant to bet on Hampshire, particularly these days when I think we are often overrated but here I make an exception. I must state that I am betting here with the draw included. I don't think the draw will come into play though, there's no rain forecasted and generally matches at the Rose Bowl don't last 4 days. The reason I'm so strong on Hampshire is mainly the history of last year and the way the Championship was settled, there was a lot of uproar from Hampshire and I'm sure they'll be up for this match. Last time the 2 sides met at the Rose Bowl, which was the last game of last season, Hampshire batted 1st and made 714/5 dec and Notts were bowled out for 213 & 313 to lose by an innings and 188 runs. This season Hampshire, who are at full strength for this game apart from Chris Tremlett, lie 2nd whereas Notts come into the game 8th and without a Championship win all season. With the grudge that Hampshire hold on Notts, the near fully fit squad, form, and home advantage all on Hampshire's side I'm taking the Hawks to win this.
SelectionJ.Adams to beat G,Lamb
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningSometimes match bets just jump out at you and here is definitely one. James Adams, fresh off the back of a matchwinning 166* against Yorkshire last week, is Hampshire's 2nd top scorer this season and is up against Greg Lamb who has only started twice this season. Lamb is a capable batsman but bats down the order which restricts his impact in the side whereas Adams opens the batting and is growing in the role. I think Adams would win this bet 8 times out of 10 so I have to be on this.
SelectionM.Carberry to beat N.Pothas
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.87 (Back)
ReasoningAnother match bet I feel Expekt have priced up all wrong. Michael Carberry is an opener and Pothas, a wicket keeper bats at 6 or 7. In the last 3 Championship matches Carberry has beaten Pothas in 5 of the 6 innings and given their respective places in the batting lineup he has to be backed to continue that trend here.
SelectionJ.Crawley to beat D.Thornely
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningThis time it's bet365 who have a match-up out of line. In the last 3 CHampionship matches, Crawley has outscored Thornely in the 1st innings which is the innings that applies to this bet and over the 6 innings he out averages Thornely 49.16 to 43.83. Also in this fixture last season Crawley hit 313 not out so with the facts and stats on Crawley's side he's another I'm taking a punt on.
EventSomerset vs Worcestershire
SelectionC.White to beat W.Durston
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningLooking back at the last 3 Somerset Championship matches, in the 1st innings Cameron White has outscored Durston on each occasion. If that wasn't enough, White comes into this match on the back of an unbeaten century in the 1-day match against Glamorgan at the weekend. Cameron White often bats at 3 with Durston much lower down the order and all things considered, this looks a good bet too.

Tip Detail
SportCricket
EventHampshire v Nottinghamshire
SelectionHampshire (DNB)
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
ReasoningCounty Championship D1, Rose Bowl, Match starts 1100 BST Wednesday. Hampshire must be full of confidence after chasing down a big total against Yorkshire in their last match. They also welcome back all rounder Shaun Ervine to the side which is a bonus because at times they struggled to pick up wickets against the tykes but the Rose Bowl normally offers abit of assistance to the bowlers. Defending champions Notts have had a indifferent start to the season but have been unlucky with the weather. I expect a good game here as long as the weather holds off throughout, the wicket should offer something for both sides but I expect Hampshire to win with the draw voiding the bet.
Marie T

Tip Detail
SportCricket
EventHampshire v Nottinghamshire
SelectionHampshire (DNB)
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
ReasoningCounty Championship D1, Rose Bowl, Match starts 1100 BST Wednesday. Hampshire must be full of confidence after chasing down a big total against Yorkshire in their last match. They also welcome back all rounder Shaun Ervine to the side which is a bonus because at times they struggled to pick up wickets against the tykes but the Rose Bowl normally offers abit of assistance to the bowlers. Defending champions Notts have had a indifferent start to the season but have been unlucky with the weather. I expect a good game here as long as the weather holds off throughout, the wicket should offer something for both sides but I expect Hampshire to win with the draw voiding the bet.
Marie T
Pat, the odds you've taken for this game includes the draw mate. Hampshire were 4/9 with Sporting Odds without the draw in play. I still think you'll be ok but thought I'd inform you in case Notts hold out for a draw. With us 341/5 as I type I can't see Notts winning from here. As for the match bets which I tipped up, Crawley has beaten Thornely, Adams vs Lamb is void as Lamb isn't playing and Pothas has beaten Carberry so it's 1-1-1 with the Somerset match bet to play.

Re: County Championship Cricket 6/6 - 10/6 Certainly going well mate. Winning tosses and batting 1st this week was going to be crucial particularly down there at Taunton where it's a run fest. You've avoided facing their 2 spinners on the last day as well. :dude

One pick from Tuesday's matches for me, I think Derbyshire will win the other game starting Tuesday but they're a bit short for me. Will await team news before deciding on any plays on Wednesday.
EventLancashire vs Sussex
SelectionLancashire
Strength10/10
Date09/06/2006
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningSussex go to Lancashire without star bowler Rana Naved who is out with injury, and without batsman Michael Yardy. Lancashire welcome back Sajid Mahmood from England duty and are at full strength. The loss of Naved could be crucial here because Sussex are top of the league, based mainly on their bowling, as their attack have earned them 17 bonus points (compared to Lancashire's 15) whereas their batsmen have only added 12 bonus points. With home advantage and a full squad to counter the injury hit Sussex squad I'm going for a home win here.
Lancashire win inside 2 days :loon

EventSomerset vs Worcestershire
SelectionC.White to beat W.Durston
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningLooking back at the last 3 Somerset Championship matches, in the 1st innings Cameron White has outscored Durston on each occasion. If that wasn't enough, White comes into this match on the back of an unbeaten century in the 1-day match against Glamorgan at the weekend. Cameron White often bats at 3 with Durston much lower down the order and all things considered, this looks a good bet too.
I thought this was a great bet but I never expected Durston to bat as well as he is right now!! 86 not out. Cameron Whites in with him now (27 not out), maybe he can get him run out for you!

Re: County Championship Cricket 6/6 - 10/6 Cheers mate. Hampshire aren't not going to win from here so it's been a good week this one, if Cameron White can produce one of those double centuries of his in this innings it could be a very good week!!

Re: County Championship Cricket 6/6 - 10/6 Great Stuff Kevshat, I am a Notts supporter BTW. Cricket is a funny old game, 7 matches ago we were celebrating the title, now we are propping up everyone else. At least Notts have only lost one 1 dayer so far this season, expect it to be two after today though..