• Omaha Limit
    • Omaha H/L NL
    • Omaha H/L PL
    • Omaha H/L Limit
    • 5 Card Stud PL
    • 5 Card Stud Limit
    • 7 Card Stud PL
    • 7 Card Stud Limit

Anyone up for a few STTs over the next week or two, taking in some of the games we don't play much? Prima do Omaha, Omaha HL, and 7 and 5 card stud... thinking micro stakes (maybe $0.50 + $0.05) to give people a chance to try a new game without spending much money. If anyone's interested, could maybe try and arrange 3 games a week for a couple of weeks, take in a decent mix of NL/PL/limit and various games... thoughts? Obviously we'd try and fix it up so as not to clash with the usual PL games (if we can fit around all these great value deals we keep getting!!) BTW, saying STTs rather than MTTs because Prima only do Texas MTTs, nothing else.

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) Sounds like a good idea Jaded if you ask me, although I'd ask that you abandoned your 'normal' style for one that allows people to have a try at learning, rather than trying to guess what shite you're playing this time. :tongue2 :ok

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas)

Sounds like a good idea Jaded if you ask me, although I'd ask that you abandoned your 'normal' style for one that allows people to have a try at learning, rather than trying to guess what shite you're playing this time. :tongue2 :ok
You don't understand, Mr. V. He's used to playing Omaha, and when he plays Texas Holdem he's confused by only having two hole cards. So he just doubles them, and usually starts with two pair.

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

You don't understand, Mr. V. He's used to playing Omaha, and when he plays Texas Holdem he's confused by only having two hole cards. So he just doubles them, and usually starts with two pair.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin I'll give it a bash if I'm free, sounds like fun:ok I'm good at snap!

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) Alright guys, since there seems to be some interest, have added a poll where you can tick which games you'd like to play - it's multiple choice so feel free to tick all of them if you want to! Will try and come up with a schedule, but I'll give it a couple of days for people to see this post and announce interest. We're limited to 5/8/10 person STTs, depending on the game, but there's nothing to stop having say 3 5 player games if there was enough interest...

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) They don't, sorry - feel free to suggest other sites if anyone knows one that does draw or the weird ones slapdash wants :rollin - just picked Prima because of the reasonable variety and cheap games (and I know most people have it installed.)

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) Looking at the poll, how does this sound for a challenge? 6 games, 2 games a week for 3 weeks, points according to position (exact details TBA), best 3 count towards final score. Most point at end wins... ummm... pride of being PL's first Multi-Game Champion of the Worrlllllllllllld? Game 1: Pot Limit Omaha Game 2: Limit 5-card Stud Game 3: Pot Limit 7-card Stud Game 4: Pot Limit Omaha H/L Game 5: Limit 7-card Stud Game 6: Pot Limit 5-card Stud. Dates TBA but obviously trying to avoid the more popular PL tourneys - maybe playing earlier in the evening if poss? If the interested people want to post when they'd prefer to play will try and work something out... £0.50 + £0.05 games okay with everybody?

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) Sounds great ... apart from the fact that there's no Spit in the Ocean. :cry If they're in the evening, the time doesn't matter much to me. Weekends are when I'm most likely to be unavailable, but apart from that there are no particular days of the week to avoid for me.

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas)

Slap' date=' find me a site that does it and I'll put it in just for you! :rollin[/quote'] When I start my poker site, there'll be nothing else! :lol Just a thought: Might be better to have all the Limit games first, to break people in gently?

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) Good idea slap, will switch a couple around... As for dates, does this avoid most stuff? Monday 5th June (enough notice?) Wednesday 7th June Wednesday 14th June (the Monday is the inter-forum challenge) Monday 19th June Wednesday 21st June Friday 23rd June (Since Goalpoker's finished by then) Thoughts?

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) How's this for a scoring system? Winner gets (2 x number of players in game) points Runner-up gets [(1.5 x number of players in game)-1] points. 3rd place gets (number of players - 2) points. 4th place gets (number of players - 3) points. 5th place gets (number of players - 4) points... and so on. Example, in an 8 player game, Winner gets (2 x 8 =) 16 points. 2nd place gets [(1.5 x 7) - 1] = 9.5 points. 3rd place gets (8-2) = 6 points. 4th place gets (8-3) = 5 points. And so on... 5 players game, Winner gets (2 x 5 =) 10 points. 2nd place gets [(1.5 x 4) - 1] = 5 points. 3rd place gets (5-2) = 3 points. 4th place gets (5-3) = 2 points. And so on... Not quiet as intricate as GaF's league scoring, but reasonable IMO...

Re: Private STTs (NOT Texas) Erm... is it okay to enter even though I will have no clue what the hell I am doing at all??? :D Otherwise I feel soooo left out :cry :cry :cry I will just play like Jaded plays Texas Holdem :lol :lol :lol (... sorry :$ :$ ...couldnt help myself....:$ :$ :rollin )