On a bad 3 day losing streak now so its time to reduce the number of bets per day until I can right the ship. So just one play for today's card of games.

SportMLB
EventWhite Sox (Contreras) at Cleveland (Byrd)
SelectionWhite Sox (Contreras)
Strength8/10
Date02/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningAfter a little bit of a shaky start by Contreras coming off the DL he rebounded well in his next game against Toronto only giving up 1 ER in 7 innings. It appears he has regained his dominant form that he had before he went on the DL. Contreras has had very good success against Cleveland the last 2 years and pitched against them earlier in the season where he gave up just 2 ER in 6 innings. The White Sox are trying to avoid the sweep by winning this game as you never want to be swept by a divisional team. I have a lot more confidence in Contreras' ability on the mound then Byrd's and like I said the White Sox really want to avoid being swept.
Gl everyone today :nana (maybe switching over to the banana will be better luck)

Re: Mlb 1/6 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians Indians 2.32 (Pinnacle) 5 units CWS: RHP Jose Contreras (5-0, 1.83 ERA) CLE: RHP Paul Byrd (4-4, 5.22 ERA) Took this a couple of hours ago as my only bet of the day. Basically 2.32 is a very good value imo. White Sox has lost 4 of last 6 and didn't look very hot offensively yesterday. They haven't scored in last 15 innings against the Indians. Indians have a 5-3 h2h edge over White Sox this season and is trying to take a 3-1 home series win here. The Indians bats are slowly waking up from their early season slump and the bullpen has also gotten much more solid after having Rafael Betancourt back to the lineup and other guys starting to show some consistency. Pitcher Pauil Byrd is starting to look like his old self. He has commented getting better grip of the ball as the weather is warming and says he is beginning to feel more comfortable in his first season with Cleveland. After posting a miserable 8.03 ERA in April, he has posted a 3.18 ERA in May starts and a 2.70 ERA over his last three starts. Byrd has also walked only 3 batters in May, spanning 30 innings. Byrd is 5-2 with a 4.62 ERA in seven career starts against the White Sox. White Sox Jose Contreras is riding on a 13 game winning streak in his last 16 starts extending to last season. He has a 2-0 record with a 2.01 ERA vs. the Indians which is really good, But have faced them only a few times. After coming off the DL, Contreras has struggled a bit with the velocity of his pitches. In first game after coming out of the DL he was charged for 4 runs vs. the Cubs, a game he got a no decision but Sox ended up losing. Last time out he kept Toronto at bay, allowing only 1 run on 6 hits in 7 innings of work, but reports are telling he had some velocity problems with his pitches. He has a 3.14 ERA in the 2 games after coming off the DL. Byrds numbers during the last games are at least equal and Indians play at home. Both teams must be really motivated in this decisive game of a divisional series as a win basically means gaining 2 games in the standings. Pretty close to a 50%-50% toss-up according to my numbers, so i'll be taking the 2.32 price with medium stakes.

Re: Mlb 1/6 Arizona Diamondbacks @ Atlanta Braves Braves -1.5 2.70 (Pinnacle) 5 units ARI: RHP Juan Cruz (2-3, 4.76 ERA) ATL: LHP Horacio Ramirez (1-0, 5.40 ERA) Main factor here imo is the 13 inning game yesterday for Arizona, leaving their bullpen quite depleted. Both pitchers here are quite inconsistent. Horacio Ramirez was in the disabled list for 50 days and came out to pitch a fine game in the second start of the season for him against the Cubs at chicago, allowing 1 run on 7 hits and didn't walk anybody in 7.1 innings of work. Pretty solid performance. One thing about D-Backs starter Juan Cruz is sure, he doesn't pitch deep into games. He hasn't gone over 6 innings in any of his starts this season. After being roughed for 9 runs in the first inning (0.2 ip) vs. Padres 2 weeks ago, he has rebounded back to throw 2 fine games. Braves are traditionally a very strong home team. Despite just losing a home series to Dodgers 1-2, they have a 13-8 record at home this season and had a good offensive effort yesterday winning 9-3. Expecting some strong batting from the Braves and D-backs to be a little tired from the long game yesterday and the flight. medium stakes on the rl for me.

Re: Mlb 1/6

Sport:MLB
Event:Atlanta Braves (H. Ramirez) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (J. Cruz)
Selection:Under 9.5
Strength10/10
Date01/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>BetFair @ 2.06
The Atlanta Braves welcome the Arizona Diamondbacks for the 1st game of a 4 game series tonight in Atlanta. Juan Cruz is the starter for Arizona, while lefty Horacio Ramirez goes for Atlanta. My pick is for the Under 9.5 Runs. This looks like it will be a competitive series, runs should be at a premium. Arizona is in 1st in their division, Atlanta is in 2nd in their division. Let's take a look at the starters in depth. Atlanta's Horacio Ramirez is 13-3 with a 3.46 ERA in his career at Atlanta's Turner Field. In his last start he went 7 innings and gave up only a single run and 7 hits at Wrigley Field in Chicago, so his form is good for the Under. Juan Cruz pitched against the Braves on May 21st and gave up a mere 2 Runs and 2 hits in a home loss. In Cruz's last start, he gave up no runs and only 4 hits in 6 innings against a good hitting Cincinnati Reds team. So his form his good as well. I'll go with the Under 9.5 in this National League showdown between 2 good teams with good starters on the hill.

Re: Mlb 1/6

GL Marcus' date=' even tho i'll be on the opposite side today. It wouldn't be a sweep, btw. Sox won the first game of this 4 game set, so the wins are 2-1 for the Tribe now before this decisive game.[/quote'] Yeah I can't believe I forgot the 11-0 game on Monday. Thankfully my bet was primarily based on the Contreras-Byrd matchup then that. Gl to you today even tho we are on opposite sides on this game