Mlb 31/5

Looking for a better day today. Last nights Atlanta/Dodgers under bet was a rollercoaster. Went from looking very good to win, to looking like it was going to push, to losing. The big reason why I won't make too many total plays on the year unless its on the over. One play for the set of day games.

SportMLB
EventSeattle (Hernandez) at Texas (Koronka)
SelectionTexas (Kornoka)
Strength8/10
Date31/05/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.71 (Back)
ReasoningIts hard to bet on a sweep but Seattle is so awful right now they deserve to be. Felix Hernandez (3-6, 5.59 ERA) is pretty much the definition of the "sophomore slump" for baseball. After a great rookie season for Hernandez where he was 4-4 with a 2.67 ERA, this year he has been pretty bad. Hernandez faced Texas last month and gave up 4 ER in 5 innings. Overall in his 3 starts against Texas Hernandez is 0-2 with a 5.82 ERA. John Koronka (4-2, 4.06 ERA) has actually pitched pretty well this year for Texas which suprised me. I saw Kornoka pitch with the Cubs last year and thought him pitching at Ameriquest Field would be a nightmare. Instead he has pitched great there going 2-1 in 5 starts with a 3.38 ERA. Kornoka faced Seattle last month as well at Seattle and only gave up 1 run in 5 innings. A struggling pitcher takes the mound for a struggling team and I will always play against that.
:cow

Re: Mlb 31/5 Ok well I lied, another day game caught my eye and I have another day game play.

SportMLB
EventHouston (Buchholz) at St Louis (Suppan)
SelectionSt Louis (Suppan)
Strength8/10
Date31/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningBuchholz is a very flaky pitcher as shown by him throwing a complete game shutout against Texas to only follow that up with his next pitching outing getting shelled by Pittsburgh for 9 runs in 3.2 innings. Here are Buchholz's last 4 starts: at Dodgers: 4.1 innings, gave up 8 ER vs Giants: 3 innings, gave up 8 ER vs Texas: complete game shutout at Pittsburgh: 3.2 innings, gave up 9 ER Needless to say that Texas game really looks out of place in that list doesn't it? Suppan isn't have his best year as apparent by his 5.12 ERA. But at home this year he has been very good. He is 3-1 with a 2.93 in his games pitched at home so far this year. Houston won last night, but its hard for me to see them winning 2 straight against St. Louis especially when they have a ticking timebomb of a pitcher on the mound for them in Buchholz.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.