Best promotions, best customer service - please help!

mullet1984

Hey guys and girls. I'm reasonably new to this site but having been following all the threads over the last four or five moths. I was wondering if you could help me with a job i m applying I would like your thoights on online poker in general. I'm applying for a job on the prima network. If i got the job i would be one of the main marketing guys. My responibilities would include prioritising the best customers. I heard bout how bet365 treated one of you guys giving you $100 and 50% rakeback etc, that kind of thing. As poker players what kind of customer service would you appreciate? My other main responsibility would be coming up with promotions and improving the site in general? Which sites do you like using and why? What have been your favourite promotions at present in the past? (sportingodds, stan james, virgin, mansion etc.) What promotions would you like to see? Where do you online poker going in the next few years. Ultimately what site do u play on and why? Would really appreciate all your comments. Really enjoying the lounge. Thanks very much guys. :ok

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! Actually been meaning to post something for a few days about the best promos and things online... For me: 1. 1c tourneys (as Mansion) are the way forward over freerolls - far less fish! (Admittedly, that's probably partly due to the newness of the site, but I think it's definitely helped by not having guys who JUST enter freerolls without having to deposit or anything.) 2. Tourneys at differing start times, rather than the usual on the hour/half-hour. Blue Square are good for having stuff on at strange times, and it can help if I log on at 9:35 or whatever and there's one starting at 9:40 or 9:45 rather than having to wait til 10. 3. STT Leagues/Heads Up Leagues. Not convinced by SO's STT Leagues, but I definitely like the idea. Maybe a couple of changes, such as % return on fee rather than total profit/total winnings. (With a min number of games played to avoid people winning one then not coming back.) 4. More turbo/shorthanded tourneys. I realise I'm in the minority because most people are actually skilful, but as someone who enjoys action, gimme the games where we can play fast! 5. Pro bounties... (ala Tikay's Tourney.) Realistically, I know there's little chance of me being the guy to knock Tikay out of one of these, but it's sure fun trying. 6. Private games for forums, with value added for ones attracting lots of people to the site. (Hint hint!!) Will edit if I think of others...

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! I think that value added tourneys are all well and good but with a lot of value added the added value gets absorbed with multiple entrants and an extended payout structure. It would be nice to have the chance on a regular basis to win entry to a 'corporately sponsored event' with a reasonable payout and an evenings 'hospitality', for instance, a package with say 50 players playing a live final hotels, transport included for a 5k to 10k prize fund. If this was held in the UK instead of a Vegas style WSOP package but done once every 6 weeks via various leagues it would gain interest from people who!d prefer a weekend in London / B'ham / N'castle etc. rather than having to leave family and book time from work to enter larger, major tournaments. The recent Betfair City AM tournament would be a good model for this, people who play together regularly playing against each other for a chance for decent game, a reasonable pot and a piss up occaisionally. Just an idea that appeals to me;) Edit: Sorry, ranting too much I forgot to add :ok Good luck :hope

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help!

• Sitouts thrown out a la Crypto (betfair and others) after the first or 2nd level.
  • Interesting gimmick tournies that BetFred do very well imo, like the hallowe'en bounties, and the Match of the day tournies.
  • MTT's and STT's counting towards any rake.
  • MTT's in formats other than Omaha and Texas Hold em, such as limit tournies (not popular but still skillful) and 5 card draw, razz, etc.
  • Freerolls with a maximum of 1000 entrants.
  • Random 'gifts' such as the odd $10 or a card-guard similar

Good luck with the job interview. :ok

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! Until I saw Valiant's post, forgot to say about 'other' games than Omaha/Texas - I'd REALLY like more 7-stud, 5-stud, 5 card draw, etc, online. This may not be possible due to software limitations, but is there anyway to do a Dealer's Choice style game? (Even just picking from 3 or 4 variants.) Or even a HORSE tourney...?

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! More MTT's with deep stacks and long blinds. I realize this ties up the customers for longer, but I'd even be willing to pay a slightly higher rake. I agree with Jaded that Mansion's $0.01 buy-in "freerolls" seem to cut down on the "all-in fish". I know that having them in increases my chances in the long run, but I generally don't play freerolls to make my fortune, I do it for enjoyment, and the randomizing effect of these people can get a bit tiresome.

Until I saw Valiant's post, forgot to say about 'other' games than Omaha/Texas - I'd REALLY like more 7-stud, 5-stud, 5 card draw, etc, online. This may not be possible due to software limitations, but is there anyway to do a Dealer's Choice style game? (Even just picking from 3 or 4 variants.) Or even a HORSE tourney...?
I agree this would be nice, but I expect it's mainly customer-driven. Most people just won't play anything except Holdem. I have seen HORSE tournements somewhere ... dont remember where.

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! I realy like the idea of more tournies for games other than hold 'em. Also, "beginners" cash tables for these would be good, but thats just me being selfish. Also on my selfish list - realistically acheivable rakeback I like laddies because of its very generous weekly raked hands freeroll - (and I'm glad the raked hand count is high), and the stt structure is better than prima.

Only by 4 minutes. Have you been taking typing lessons from laidbackbloke?
hehe - when I arrive on PL for the first time in an evening, I go through the new posts and "open in a new window" multiple posts (so I don't have to wait for them to load) - so they can sit there for a few mins before I get around to reading them.......

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! What I'd like are regular competitions - league style - with live finals taking place in the UK - echoing what 6ooner says. So many sites offer the big Vegas events - but I have a young child and another one on the way - and wouldn't be able to play in the WSOP even if I wanted to (which I do!!!). Rakeback is a massive incentive for me - and not just for the bigger players. No rebuys!!!!!! Mixed stake freezeout tournaments - 20% in the prize money. STT Steps without a buy in at every level. STT sattelites where more than one qualify. Heads-Up tournaments. STT competitions which are based on quality, not quantity. Pokerstars IMO is the poker site that others should be modelled upon - love that site. I love the feel of Mansion poker - even though I've only played a couple of times there - software seems very smooth and slick - feels very professional.

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! I'd like to see a satellite system that isn't a complete crapshoot. What's the point paying $3 for a WSOP seat if you have to beat 6 million people? Twice! Why not have more stages in the qualification, with 1 in 5 moving up a stage each time. This way, the more skilful players are far more likely to earn their dues.

Re: Best promotions, best customer service - please help! An alternative to booting sit-outs is Mansion's approach where their hand is folded regardless of whether they've won or not. Don't know if I like the idea of being kicked out for being 15 minutes late as it could be a result of circumstances beyond my control (nappies in desperate need of changing etc.! :lol ).

Just an idea that appeals to me;) Edit: Sorry, ranting too much I forgot to add :ok Good luck :hope
Thanks valiant and gooner. From a gooner as well. The cloud i think thats a great idea, i'll definitely mention that. Great feedback so far, if i get it i ll make sure they put on a special PL tourny. One for each style of game draw stud etc. Please keep posting, means alot, thanks again :ok