Recommended Reading

mpearce

Hi all, just begining my poker adventure and just looking for some recommended reading (books or online). Basically have been playin low stakes single table tournaments, doing ok, but looking for information on tournament vs cash-game strategies, hand odds/probabilities and any other helpful information. Any suggestions welcome.........

Re: Recommended Reading Here on PL, 2 useful threads... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23271 http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15669 Bookswise, Harrington on Hold'em (both volumes) is generally regarded as the Bible for No Limit Texas. Super System 1 & 2 (Doyle Brunson et al) are long but worth a try. I quite like the Making of a Poker Player but I can't remember who wrote it. Best of luck!

Re: Recommended Reading add the revised sklansky book "the theory of poker" , mike caro's book of tells, ken warren teaches texas holdem, the mcevoy no limit tournament book published by cardoza (cant remember the exact name) and the man behind the shades ( stu ungars story)

Re: Recommended Reading

Super System 1 & 2 (Doyle Brunson et al) are long but worth a try.
Super System is a great book for Jaded !!!!! (He plays very aggressively) - It is in my opinion however a very poor book for beginners - and I feel it can cause more harm than good. Harrington on Hold'em - well most people here know my thoughts on it - it is the bible, and the best series of books I have read - BUT it is for MTT's - so not sure it addresses the specific area you are asking about.... Lee Jones "Winning No Limit Holdem" has a bit of a misleading title - because about 35% of the book is dedicated to "No Limit Sit and Go's". It hasn't been a "life changing" book for me like Harrington, but is ok and is the closest I know to answering the specific questions you ask......