No underdogs stood out to me in todays card. If Tampa Bay can get above even money I might take a chance on it, but anything less I'm avoiding.

SportMLB
EventDodgers (Tomko) at Washington (Hernandez)
SelectionDodgers (Tomko)
Strength8/10
Date27/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningThe Dodgers right now are one of the hotter teams in baseball. They have won 7 in a row and have won 9 of their last 10. Brett Tomko (5-1, 3.21 ERA) takes the mound for the Dodgers in this one. Tomko has been a pleasant suprise for the Dodgers so far this season with how well he has pitched. In Tomko's only start in Washington last year he pitched very well only giving up 2 ER in 6.1 innings. Livian Hernandez (2-5, 5.51 ERA) is on the mound for Washington. After so many years of dominance for Hernandez this year has been a real shock how poorly he has pitched in the majority of his games. Hernandez has also had a rough time pitching at home this year even tho its more of a pitcher friendly ballpark. In 4 starts at home he is 1-3 with a 6.84 ERA. Hernandez faced the Dodgers last year and pitched a very good game, but his form last year compared to this year has drastically changed. And last year he faced a pretty mediocre Dodgers lineup that is a lot improved this year and currently firing on all cylinders. The Dodgers right now are getting it done right now with great hitting and great pitching. The younger players the Dodgers brought up from the minor leagues due to injuries are contributing just as much as the veterans on the team. Washington meanwhile has won 5 of their last 6 games but their hitting is still not that good right now. They are still only hitting .217 in their last 10 games and even won 2 games against Houston hitting less then .210 as a team. Hernandez's inconsistancy this year pitching mixed with how great the Dodgers right now are playing make this a play for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
SportMLB
EventArizona (Webb) at Cincinnati (Milton)
SelectionArizona (Webb)
Strength8/10
Date27/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningArizona sends their ace to the mound in Brandon Webb (7-0, 2.44 ERA). He has already faced Cincinnati this year and pitched a great game only giving up 1 run in 8 innings. Arizona as a team is 8-2 in Webb's starts this year and has won their last 8 straight games he has been on the mound. Eric Milton (2-1, 7.04 ERA) takes the mound for Cincinnati. Milton's first start off the DL against Detroit was pretty horrible. He gave up 5 runs in 5 innings. Arizona right now is playing some good baseball and their offense has been doing very well averaging .314 in their last 10 games. In this matchup basically you have a teams ace that is pitching very good this season opposing a pitcher in questionable form after coming off the DL. I'll always take the good pitching ace in that situation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
SportMLB
EventSt Louis (Suppan) at San Diego (Hensley)
SelectionSt. Louis (Suppan)
Strength8/10
Date27/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.77 (Back)
ReasoningTwo teams right now going in opposite directions. St. Louis is playing very good lately winning 7 of their last 10. San Diego meanwhile after a monster streak of wins to start May has gone downhill again. They have only won 3 of their last 10 games and starting to slide back into the bad form they had to start the season. As for the pitching matchup, neither pitcher is having that great of a year but I would take Suppan anyday over Hensley. And while Suppan hasn't been that great this year, St Louis has been finding the offense to back him in games and in this matchup against Hensley I see them doing that once again. Plus with San Diego's hitting starting to take a dive again Suppan should have a decent outing in this.
GL today everyone :cow

Re: Mlb 26/5 Cleveland Indians @ Detroit Tigers Indians 2.28 (Mansion) 5 units CLE: RHP Jake Westbrook (4-2, 4.98 ERA) DET: LHP Nate Robertson (4-2, 3.02 ERA) Detroit is flying high at the moment, but i see a lot of value in Cleveland tonight. Despite Detroit has been playing great this season, they've also had an easy schedule playing a lot of games against Kansas and Minnesota. I rate Cleveland the better team and while they are only at .500, 23-23 now. They've gone 6-2 in last 8 and showing signs of improvement. Their bats came alive in 11-0 win last game at Minnesota. This is also a very important stretch of games for the Indians, facing Detroit 3 times and White Sox at home 4 times. They've fallen behind in the AL central standings and need to play well in these games if they want to gain some ground against the divisional opponents. Indians got swept by the Tigers last time these teams played a 3 game set at Cleveland, so there is a revenge factor for the tribe also. Pitching is quite equal tonight. Westbrook has had a few shaky starts this season, but looked good vs. the Kansas last time out, tossing 9 shutout innings. Robertson is also coming off a 7.1 innings of shutout ball vs. the Reds. Basically, i think this game is close to a 50%-50% game, so i'll try the Indians with a good price in this spot. Seattle Mariners @ Minnesota Twins Twins -1.5 2.81 (Pinnacle) 5 units SEA: RHP Felix Hernandez (3-5, 5.84 ERA) MIN: RHP Francisco Liriano (2-0, 2.96 ERA) A couple of young promising pitchers will go head-to-head in this game. After a phenomenal season last year, Felix Hernandez has been pretty shaky this year. Hernandez has given up 17 combined runs in 10 innings of work of his last 2 games. Twins' Fransisco Liriano is a highly touted prospect who has been excellent this season pitching from the bullpen. He started his first game of the season last week, going 5 innings and allowing 2 hits and no runs at Milwaukee. Both of these teams are among the worst in the American League, but both have hit the ball well lately. Twins are at home, have the better bullpen and Liriano has been great, so i'll go with them on the runline. Twins have been quite good home team this season with a 13-9 record, while Seattle has 8-12 record on the road.

Re: Mlb 26/5 Sorry guys, cant be assed with huge writeups tonight. KC @ NYY Moose has been a star pitcher for the Yankees so far. ERA of 2.57. Usually goes 6-7 innings which near enough gets you to the magnificent ERA of 1.98 for the month. Rarely gives up more than two hits, let alone any runs. Kansas City are still the least productive team being one of only a few still to have under 200 runs KC to score under 3.5 runs 2.03 @ Pinnacle

Re: Mlb 26/5 COL @ SF I think that this kind of run lines should be reserved for the top quality pitchers. Altough both Francis and Schmidt have been ok this season, neither have been top quality. Admiittedly both have improved this month chalking up an ERA below 2.00. Both COL and SF are capable of chalking up runs and Big Barry should be starting tonight which is always a danger. Over 7.5 runs 2.11 @ Pinnacle

Re: Mlb 26/5 As I guess you already know, thats just the way it is in baseball. With 160 odd games and the best teams winning 100 you still got 60 losses to account for. Thats what makes this game so damn hard. P.S. So with no major league side in Nevada,(shame Montreal/Washington didnt move to LV) who do you support?

Re: Mlb 26/5

As I guess you already know, thats just the way it is in baseball. With 160 odd games and the best teams winning 100 you still got 60 losses to account for. Thats what makes this game so damn hard. P.S. So with no major league side in Nevada,(shame Montreal/Washington didnt move to LV) who do you support?
Yeah its the fun of sports. But thankfully if i was gonna lose a game tonight I would want it to be the Dodgers game as they weren't that big of favorites compared to the Diamondbacks and Cards. I'm originally from Chicago and a Cubs fan. Probably a good thing I don't live there anymore as I would be in misery this year going to the bars talking about how bad they are this year. We still got our hopes of getting an MLB team in Las Vegas. The Marlins are doing their best to drive themselves out of Miami so we are hoping we can get them to move here.