Rugby League: Super League - Round 15

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 Couldnt resist any longer now other firms have released their handicaps. Salford vs Harlequins Recommended: Harlequins RL +12pts @ 1.90 betdirect (3pts) (Prediction: Harlequins win by 4pts) Scale 1-5pts Its a risk as team news has yet to be announced, but I just know that +12pts @ 1.90 wont be around for long. Other firms have got the game at +10pts, bluesquare even go as low as +8pts. Will do a write-up for this later. :hope

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 Wigan have signed Les Catalans scrum half Michael Dobson....... With Stacey Jones not yet fit, think the Dragons may struggle to contain Wakefield. http://www.superleague.co.uk/news/3245 Wigan Warriors have signed scrum half Michael Dobson until the end of the season. Dobson joins Wigan after a successful spell with Catalans Dragons and the 19 year old goes straight into the squad for Saturday’s clash against St Helens here at the JJB Stadium. Wigan Head Coach Brian Noble said: "Michael is a welcome addition to our squad, a good playmaker who is also a more than useful goal kicker. “He has really impressed for the Dragons in the absence of Stacey Jones and we are delighted he is joining us." Dobson said: "This a great opportunity and I am delighted to be joining Wigan Warriors. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Super League with Catalans Dragons and this is a chance for me to continue playing first team football. “I am really looking forward to playing my part in helping the Warriors move up the Super League table." Dobson is an overseas quota signing which means Wigan have released Dennis Moran whose contract was due to expire at the end of the season. Wigan Chairman Maurice Lindsay said: "We are of course pleased to have obtained the services of Michael Dobson and we have had great support from Canberra and in particular our old friend David Furner who wanted to help his old club. “We must also thank Dennis Moran for his time spent at the club. “We wish Dennis the best of luck as we know he wants to continue playing Rugby League in England."

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 Bradford V Leeds Tough one to call this one but with Bradford having the better of the recent head to head record coupled with Leeds alarming form at the moment, Bradford looks the call. Leeds capitulation agaist Hull was an absolute travesty. Bradford -2 Strength:7/10 Catalans V Wakefield Dobson out, Stacey Jones in. Jones may be a bit rusty given his absence. im not sure how telling his contribution might be. No head to head to draw upon in this one, but Wakefield have shown some spirit on their travels at Salford and saints. Jefferies returns for this match after suspension and that certainly aids there attacking play. Theyll put points on the board and hopefully keep within sight of the lead. Wakey +8 Strength :7/10 Wigan V St Helens Saints were a class apart last time these 2 met before winning 48-10. Theres a gulf in class here but alot will depend on the team Anderson decides to field as to whether they can beat the handicap. It was an absolute tactical debacle at Huddersfield. Poor Scott Moore may never play for Saints again after that performance. A full stength Saints will walk this fixture(Worse sides have come and conquered), however if one of Andersons experimental line ups facing Wigan its anyones guess. Its a shame Scotts not playing, Wigans price of 9.0 looks rather juicy.:( *Saints -14 Strength:7/10 *Depending on line up.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 Id also take Leeds at 5/4 to beat Bradford tonight with Paddy Power. Bradford were terrible last week at Saints, a shambles in fact. Couldnt hold onto the ball or complete the sets. Didnt offer much in attack and the defence was terrible.Thats as poor as ive seen from the Bulls in a long number of years and already that new manager is under pressure. Leeds had an easy game in the challenge cup right enough but i think scoring a good few points was just what they needed after a bad run of results. Sinfield is back fit and with Burrow and McGuire they will cause Bradford plenty of problems. Bradford will try to batter them as they have done successfully the last few times they have met but i take Leeds class to tell.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15

Bradford will try to batter them as they have done successfully the last few times they have met
Its a tried and tested formula that seems to come up good against Leeds lightweight pack.;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 Nice write ups Henry :clap Completely agree with you on this one mate :ok

Catalans V Wakefield Dobson out, Stacey Jones in. Jones may be a bit rusty given his absence. im not sure how telling his contribution might be. No head to head to draw upon in this one, but Wakefield have shown some spirit on their travels at Salford and saints. Jefferies returns for this match after suspension and that certainly aids there attacking play. Theyll put points on the board and hopefully keep within sight of the lead. Wakey +8 Strength :7/10

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 thanks for all the :welcome messages. :ok as posted earlier i took some leeds +2 and topped up with some +4. i'll be getting rid of my +2 by backing bradford -2 before kick off. i think it's better not to take any extra risks and always take the best handicap. Must admit reading the posts on here it seems i may have read too much into leeds' recent upturn in form. :unsure i have that gut feeling about leeds tonight but then the psychology of betting is such that you forget certain results, like their loss to hull. i was on hull that night with a start but didn't expect them to win so convincingly. you also have your favourite teams, there's no getting away from that either. :eyes suppose really this should be a sit and watch no bet game, but I'm drawn to bet on the more competitive matches, especially when I know I can watch them unfold live on the box. :D

leeds' recent upturn in form.
Recent Superleague form reads lost 2 of their last 3.:unsure Mearl I dont understand where you are seeing a Leeds in resurgence. Theyve been whooped twice by fellow top 5 sides. More than that though. Completely outplayed.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 Dont tear up the betting slip yet Mearl. Like you say Sinfield returns to give them maybe some leadership and kicking game they may have missed. This could be the start of their resurgence. All the best mate.:ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 Again, great to see divided opinions in here guys :ok , if we all picked the same selections each week it would soon become a boring place.... As for tonights games, very difficult one in my opinion.....I havent seen Leeds play for a few weeks plus their current form worries me. Both sides have lost more games than they would have liked so far and tonights result could play a major factor in the push up the table. Head says Bradford. Heart says Leeds. If i were betting on this one, i would have to fancy the home side to take the spoils, Bradford seem to have the edge against Leeds over the past few meetings....but most of all i am just looking forward to an explosive Yorkshire derby. Good luck all :hope Having said all that, I havent ruled out a couple of in-play bets ;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 I'm big on Leeds tonight, no real reason why though to be honest :lol . I just think they'll benefit more from their stroll last week than Bradford would have from their battering. rugbylad, I've put together a spreadsheet in which I'm going to stick in each bookies handicaps on the next 5 weeks matches to see if any bookies are better than others. This might help us all when it comes to choosing who to side with when we have a handicap bet. At some point tonight I'll email it to you mate.

I'm big on Leeds tonight, no real reason why though to be honest :lol . I just think they'll benefit more from their stroll last week than Bradford would have from their battering. rugbylad, I've put together a spreadsheet in which I'm going to stick in each bookies handicaps on the next 5 weeks matches to see if any bookies are better than others. This might help us all when it comes to choosing who to side with when we have a handicap bet. At some point tonight I'll email it to you mate.
Cool, cheers mate :ok GL with your bet on Leeds mate :hope ....its going to be tight, I can't pick a winner.

Cool, cheers mate :ok GL with your bet on Leeds mate :hope ....its going to be tight, I can't pick a winner.
I know what you mean mate, Bradford's form without Noble isn't great though is it? I mean I know they spanked us down here but they've done precious little of note apart from that and the case can be made that that wasn't particularly great as we are such a Jekyll and Hyde side.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 I personally think Leeds could pull away in the second half....Bradford look a little flat and jaded. Leeds look very threatening when attacking from deep. Had to laugh when things got a little heated and Eddie shouted 'Calm Down' and Stevo replied, 'who me or the players'!! lol Great game so far!!

So so so tempted to smash into Leeds -2pts @ stan james.
I would mate. Bradford look knackered! I thought the cup games would have given Leeds an advantage and it looks like I was right, so far.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 15 speaking through my pocket but thought the disallowed try for leeds was very harsh. :wall i'm hoping bradford do not have their usual very strong last 15 minutes and that the wind is not too much of a plus for them in the second half.:hope

speaking through my pocket but thought the disallowed try for leeds was very harsh. :wall i'm hoping bradford do not have their usual very strong last 15 minutes and that the wind is not too much of a plus for them in the second half.:hope
I agree that was a bit harsh Mearl, my first instinct was no try....but on second viewing, Leeds were v unlucky. :hope GL mate