Backing to Place

Can anyone recommend the best bookie to back online for a place only bets (can't get access to exchanges so I'm limited to "regular" bookies)? I presently use Totesport but some of their payouts/odds are an f-ing joke. A SP of 12/1 place bet yesterday paid less than 1/7 of the odds. That is a common occurence. Thanks.

Re: Backing to Place Centrebet do place only betting at fixed odds. On the kind of horse I tend to back, their odds are usually not as good as the place odds you'd get from an each-way bet, though. But on other horses they're sometimes better. I'm just curious: why can't you get access to exchanges?

Re: Backing to Place Thanks Slapdash. Am behind a firewall in my office and it stops access to the likes of Betfair. I've asked in PL does anyone know a way around it but at the moment it doesn't seem like it. I know I can use the phone betting but my bank needs a bit of beefing up before I can back numerous horses a day at £50 a pop. Its like everything if you could get a few winning days together at the start you'd be fine but if you hit a loosing streak at the start thats your bank screwed (usually just as the purple patch comes).