Heads Up Ladder - Any Interest?

Jaded

Just a thought that keeps coming back to me... Anyone ever played ladder games on Yahoo? I used to be in the chess one a few years ago before they started making it paid members only... basically, you're on a 'ladder' and you move up by beating people above you - say you're in 31st and you beat the guy in 11th, you move up to halfway between you (so 21st in this case), he moves down one for the loss, and other people are jiggled about to fit in. Anyway, thought this might be an interesting idea to try with heads up games of poker if anyone's interested... would give us something to do if we were knocked out of tourneys early and there was no private game on, and another advantage is that you could play on any site you and whoever you wanted to take on had some money in. (And would be HU practice which I DEFINITELY need, at least!) Good/bad/stupid idea? Anyone?

Re: Heads Up Ladder - Any Interest? Absolutely :ok And that was my thinking here - http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26033 that it would be a start of a continuous ladder .... haven't got back to it though....... Like you, have thought about it loads, but the logistics and practicalities always "scare me" (it would have to really be thought through). Was thinking of using an ELO ranking system - but considered using the ladder formats like you propose....... I think we could all do with more HU practice !!!! Will try and give it some more thought :ok

Re: Heads Up Ladder - Any Interest? *frantically tries to think of ways his post was different from GaF's...* Dammit, I thought I had an original idea for once! :rollin Not sure how I missed that one (did I have a day or two off from poker?!) but glad to see that the idea was a good one (hey, if GaF thought of it first it must be okay!!) *goes off to find out what an ELO format is - and dammit, I wanted to make the Light Orchestra joke!!*

Re: Heads Up Ladder - Any Interest? this ladder system is used a lot in U.S.A. especially in crib leagues which i played in quite a lot,if you go to igl.com you will see what i mean. i havent got a clue about the logistics of keeping a ladder going and time wise must be a nightmare for someone to do,but if anyone is keen i would be interested in playing

Re: Heads Up Ladder - Any Interest? Ok Looks like i have to defend my title!!! If we do have another heads up challenge, make it in june, as from thursday i cant play online for a week and a half!!! oh my god, what am i gonna do! Just wanted to add...7 out of 7, and undefeated hehe

Re: Heads Up Ladder - Any Interest?

Ok Looks like i have to defend my title!!! If we do have another heads up challenge, make it in june, as from thursday i cant play online for a week and a half!!! oh my god, what am i gonna do!
Play live on Saturday??