County Championship Cricket - Outright

Now that the football season has finished I'm moving into another of my sporting passions - cricket. I'm a very big Hampshire fan but follow the county scene all over really. I'm quite a keen punter on County Cricket as I believe with the right info you can make a fair bit of money from it. I like delving into the outright market and will continue to do so as the season continues but I have my 1st outright bet for the season. 2pts ew Derbyshire to win Division 2 33/1 Sporting Odds I think Derbyshire are massively overpriced in this league. Ok they face established and more prominent counties in Surrey and Essex but the good times could soon be returning for Derbyshire. They had a much better season than normal last year and as the season ended they were one of the form sides. Coach Houghton, who guided Zimbabwe to the super 6 stage of the World Cup in 99 came to Derby 2 years ago with a 3 year plan and has changed everything about the club and it's paying dividends. He asked to be judged this year and will be and I think his boys can deliver. Losing Luke Sutton to Lancs was a blow but his replacement Jamie Pipe is a very promising wicket keeper and in Di Venuto they have a solid, dependable overseas player and Travis Birt their 2nd overseas player has settled immediately which all bodes well for the season ahead. They also blooded a lot of youngsters last season who have some experience behind them now which bodes well for this season and with 1st 3 being paid each way I think Derby are a great value bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.