NETeller or Paypal

gazabroad

Would like to know various opinions as to which is the best to use. Up until now I have been happy to use credit card facilities, but have now been told that I can only withdraw back the same amount as I deposited with the card.:@ That is of absolutely no use whatsoever to me and I refuse to wait 7 days for a cheque to be issued and sent. FFS when they use the term ¨snail mail¨they actually mean it literally on this island! Are they both the same or is one better than the other? Would appreciate any comments guys:\

Re: NETeller or Paypal Neteller is a bit slower than Paypal, but charges slightly less in fees for most purposes. If you do go with Neteller set up a USD account not a GBP account - if you do the latter they'll charge you their exchange rate which is quite a long way off the bank exchange rate, it's a hidden fee basically. I think you can only use Paypal on Betfair anyway.

Re: NETeller or Paypal Seriously thinking about opening up a Netteller account. As from Monday my CC Company will charge me the interest rate as a CASH ADVANCE (28%) for a deposit instead of just a purchase. Which is a massive fat con if you ask me. Having never used Neteller before I thank you for all your comments

Re: NETeller or Paypal On the subject of $/£ accounts, does anyone know if it is possible to have both? I agree that if you are using it just for poker then you should open a dollar account. I do a lot of sports betting though and use my neteller account mostly for some of the more obscure bookie accounts I have. I reckon I use it probably 70/30 in favour of sports betting. The exchange rate costs are a bit of a bugger though when I use neteller for poker so it would be good if I could have a dollar one and a pound sterling one.

Re: NETeller or Paypal I'm not 100% sure Norfolk but I don't think so. I made the mistake of setting up mine in GBP ages ago and they won't let me change it to USD despite much pleading and big orphan eyes. It's even less likely they'll allow two accounts - so I doubt it.

Re: NETeller or Paypal

On the subject of $/£ accounts, does anyone know if it is possible to have both? I agree that if you are using it just for poker then you should open a dollar account. I do a lot of sports betting though and use my neteller account mostly for some of the more obscure bookie accounts I have. I reckon I use it probably 70/30 in favour of sports betting. The exchange rate costs are a bit of a bugger though when I use neteller for poker so it would be good if I could have a dollar one and a pound sterling one.
Mrs V. has her own account too. Funded by a different bank a/c, though, as I'd already registered our main ac.:dude

• 1 month later...

Re: NETeller or Paypal I want to set up a Neteller account preferably in USDs. At what point will I get to chose the currency? Can't find any explanation on the website and am worried if I chose my country as UK they will just default to GBP. Any advice appreciated. :notworthy

Re: NETeller or Paypal

Couldn't tell you exactly when Ronay(can't remember), but it definately does give you the option because thats the way I've set up mine. EDIT: Just to make it clear you can choose UK as your country and have the currency set as $US
:ok Cheers for that - was about 2/3 pages in after I did all the e-mail confirmation, when I completed my details for passport etc. At long last am set-up been meaning to get around to that for ages.