I've Played 3000 Hands this Month....

DAC

Re: I've Played 3000 Hands this Month....

Statistically you will get Quads once every 4164 times' date=' so you've had your share for another 21,000 hands! :lol[/quote'] That's in 5-card draw, where you only have 5 cards. In Hold 'Em, where you have seven cards, you should get quads once in 595 times, so about 5 times in 3000 hands. However, that assumes you see the river, so in practice you'd expect fewer than that.

That's in 5-card draw, where you only have 5 cards. In Hold 'Em, where you have seven cards, you should get quads once in 595 times, so about 5 times in 3000 hands. However, that assumes you see the river, so in practice you'd expect fewer than that.
D'oh! :wall

Re: I've Played 3000 Hands this Month.... I'm often tempted to suggest that the cards are not truly random, but I'm sure they are! For example in Sundays champions lg - I had 99 in the hole 3 hands in a row - odds of getting 99 specifically is (I think) 220-1, so thats like hitting 3 220-1 shots in a row. Since 220*220*220 is 10,648,000 then its exceedingly unlikely to be random chance since I've only probably played less than a million hands in the two years or so I've been online. Couple that to the number of times I've seen 3 of a kind on the flop (especially 666 which I saw twice in 1 evenings poker) then statistically it must be rigged! :tongue2 Of course, it's things like this that you notice and you haven't yet noticed the other things of equal probability that haven't happened to you yet! So in theory when I do reach the point of having played 10,648,000 hands I will (possibly) have had 13 sets of the same pair in the hole three times in a row - just hope that its in a really big value game when the AA's happen (and that they hold up and that lots of people stay for my all-ins). :hope :hope

Re: I've Played 3000 Hands this Month.... Phil, I'm coaching my mate how to play and he uses SunPoker, I swear to god that I watched in a MTT and he got pocket AA's 3 times on the trot. I tried explaining to him how lucky he was but I think it went a bit over his head.

Re: I've Played 3000 Hands this Month.... Just for the mindless purpose of showing off: I decided to concentrate on my poker this month and from an initial deposit of £45.00 on the 27 April and thanks to my loyalty bonus and champs league money my account now stands at $504.00 with the bulk of the money coming from the 0.05/0.10 no limit tables. I am chuffed.

I'm often tempted to suggest that the cards are not truly random, but I'm sure they are! For example in Sundays champions lg - I had 99 in the hole 3 hands in a row - odds of getting 99 specifically is (I think) 220-1, so thats like hitting 3 220-1 shots in a row. Since 220*220*220 is 10,648,000 then its exceedingly unlikely to be random chance since I've only probably played less than a million hands in the two years or so I've been online. Couple that to the number of times I've seen 3 of a kind on the flop (especially 666 which I saw twice in 1 evenings poker) then statistically it must be rigged! :tongue2 Of course, it's things like this that you notice and you haven't yet noticed the other things of equal probability that haven't happened to you yet! So in theory when I do reach the point of having played 10,648,000 hands I will (possibly) have had 13 sets of the same pair in the hole three times in a row - just hope that its in a really big value game when the AA's happen (and that they hold up and that lots of people stay for my all-ins). :hope :hope
Phil, Don't forget that people win the lottery and the chances of that are 14m to 1, so it's got to happen sometime to someone. If you take into account all the hands that are dealt on a particular site, then it is probable that it will happen to someone, in this case you. I have had AK diamonds in the hole three times in a row twice, which is 1250/1 * 1250/1 * 1250/1 = 1,953,125,000/1 for just one set of that. These things have to happen to someone over all the billions of hands that are dealt, just so happens with the 9s it was you. Wish it was me, thats my favourite hand!!:lol

Re: I've Played 3000 Hands this Month.... I got quads twice yesterday, dealt 10 10, tried to slow play when the flop came down 10 10 A but a raise caused a fold - won BB+SB. Later on (different table) I got dealt A A and the flop was A 10 10, went all in, got called, the cards turned over an he has Ax, he managed to type 'nh' as the turn came up 10 and the river came up 10:@ That was just one of the times god took the p1ss yesterday. And, if ever I'm driving trough a desert and I see a vicar waiting for a bus I'll just stick 2 fingers up and drive past':wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall

I got quads twice yesterday, dealt 10 10, tried to slow play when the flop came down 10 10 A but a raise caused a fold - won BB+SB. Later on (different table) I got dealt A 10 and the flop was A 10 10, went all in, got called, the cards turned over an he has Ax, he managed to type 'nh' as the turn came up 10 and the river came up 10:@ That was just one of the times god took the p1ss yesterday. And, if ever I'm driving trough a desert and I see a vicar waiting for a bus I'll just stick 2 fingers up and drive past':wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall
Would that not mean 5 x 10's in the latter hand or am i reading it wrong? Hole A10 Flop A 10 10 Turn 10 River 10 :wall

Would that not mean 5 x 10's in the latter hand or am i reading it wrong? Hole A10 Flop A 10 10 Turn 10 River 10 :wall
:unsure :unsure I knew there was something dodgy about that table!!:unsure :unsure Hole was AA - edited! Milou learnt some new words:$

Re: I've Played 3000 Hands this Month.... with me the usual thing that happens on So that i cant win with AA. Usualy there is a flush dealt 5 same cards and of course not the colour(or figure)that any of my aces and of c i got beaten. Other case i got aa flop is like A k q and turn j of c i got beaten. Or simply i'm the BB AA to hand and everyone folds... happens a lot Cheers :D

Re: I've Played 3000 Hands this Month.... believe it or not- in the SJ 19k - just dealt AA, I raise 5 x blind, called, flop is A 10 x, I went all in, got called - 10 on the river - he shows a pair of tens - I just fcuking give up!!:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ God hates me- I fcuking hate him too- 4rsewipe:@ :@ :@