3.40 Pontefract Monday 24/4/06

I like the look of Great as Gold in this race. The trainer is brutally honest when he says it is a mere plodder but it has done well. It absolutely loves Ponty, won this race 2 years ago and won here on 4th April when looking good over a slightly shorter distance in the mud. If the race is a true stamina test it will be there at the end and I think this is the only horse in the race that is a distance winner. Turtle Soup was well fancied in that race under Jamie Spencer but it was given a 3 and a half length beating. The 5lb raise won't stop it being involved at the finish and it will enjoy the further trip. Likely to start favourite and rightly so. Danger could be Habitual Dancer who put in a fine run recently.

Re: 3.40 Pontefract Monday 24/4/06 Agree 100% with that Mowgli. There are very few horses who genuinely stay this far but this is one of them! In fact. his trainer reckons he'd stay 3 miles on the flat....On an otherwise uninspiring day I intend to make this my only wager - good luck!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.