long stacked

Bruise Pristene

hi in STTs recently i have frequently found myself having doubled my chip stack within first 5 hands, however having trouble followin that through and making it pay. just wondered peoples opinions on how to play from here a) play extremely tight and only play top 10 hands, let others take each other out b) use my big stack to bully others out of their chips c) other ?

Re: long stacked

hi in STTs recently i have frequently found myself having doubled my chip stack within first 5 hands, however having trouble followin that through and making it pay. just wondered peoples opinions on how to play from here a) play extremely tight and only play top 10 hands, let others take each other out b) use my big stack to bully others out of their chips c) other ?
a is a good option... and then bully with the good hands... always play tight in the early stages of a stt... then later on you will have more success bluffing people...:ok

Re: long stacked I agree with Pene. Basically you are having trouble separating playing from winning. You will have more chance of winning (making the money) by doing as Pene says, but you will have more fun by playing (maybe). Regardless of whether you can double up in the first few hands or not, the blind structure of STT's means you could sit tight until the blinds equal about 10% of your stack.

Re: long stacked Totally agree with Pene Too many times i have seen someone collect 2/3 allins within the first round and try to bully - a few allins that don't come off and they are trying to make up lost ground and play quite recklessly. Soon get dusted off. Just keep playing your game. You have a cushion - not a mallet.

Re: long stacked Stay tight but remember in a late position if all have folded, if you have a half decent hand, with a big stack no one can bully you if you have them covered, it's worth calling or raising in this position, this way you'll lose the table image of being really tight and when you get the nuts you'll possibly get takers putting into a decent pot rather than just getting the blinds.