Rugby League: Super League - Round 11

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 11 I've gone for double of Leeds -32.5 and Saints -4.5 on Betfair @ 2.06. Cas should get a tonking, hence Sky changing their game and that's a good handicap for Saints :) Unfortunately can't watch it tonight but hopefully when I get back I'll be happy ;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 11

I think Salford are going to find it harder tonight then in any other game, Dunemann has been playing the best rugby for a long time but may well find himself under more pressure from Long and Pryce who seem's to be finding his feet at no6 now. I usually harp on about Salford's top defence, but Saint's attack is looking very good at the moment, Alker's going to have all on to cope with Cunningham's sniping runs with Wellens, Long and Sculthorpe backing up. Saints have the skill to break the line seemingly at will, but they also have the leagues tightest defence which i think Salford will struggle to overcome. Bet is Saints -12 @10/11 with Skybet Prediction Saints by 22-24. Also taken Vinnie Anderson as 1st tryscorer @20/1 (not a bet i normally take), but i think it's a good price for a forward in top form.:hope
Pfft what does he know?//
May well take Simon Finnegan to score anytime as he's already scored 7 which ain't bad for a 2nd rower
Didn't do it:wall Oh Salford all these weeks backing and bigging you up then i desert you :wall

I dont know what anybody thinks about the Catalans game but they really give Saints a good run for their money. Fellous and Fakir seemed paticularily prominent early doors in establishing the 8-0 lead it wasnt until they had to go off nursing injuries that Saints were allowed to kick on. The 2 came back late on second half and the Saints were rocked again. Chan and Hindmarsh further shore up the Forward line. They are starting to impress at home in recent weeks. Tantalisingly close to victory against Salford. Hull are due a defeat if only to live up to their inconsistent tag. Anybody for +10 Catalans?
:nana With the Catalans bet and the -14.5 Wigan I got at half time in the Giants game its been a good night. My hats off to those who advise me to stay out of -8 Giants pre match.Wigan were a class apart.:nana

Got to apply logic here. Wigan costing me money in last three games. My persistent backing of them is futile. Hudders to win and also cover the -8. Will look to buy total points in the Les Cats v Hull game - see this is as a minimal risk game with a potential fat upside. Hull 6-10 point win.
the good thing is you all now think I am a genius ;-)
Good call on Salford:clap Hope you took the point spread on Hull, was a nice one :clap But it takes more than 2/3 to be classed a genius :tongue2

:nana With the Catalans bet and the -14.5 Wigan I got at half time in the Giants game its been a good night. My hats off to those who advise me to stay out of -8 Giants pre match.Wigan were a class apart.:nana
Glad you changed your mind henry, good punting :clap

Glad you changed your mind henry' date=' good punting :clap[/quote'] Cheers mate. Real shame about the Salford game. The Salford fatigue factor never played a part in that one. If anything Salford looked the more fitter towards the end. You live and learn.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 11 Im toying with the game at Warrington. I fancy Warrington +6. They have had the better of the most recent head to heads winning the last 3. With Bridge and Briers back together, home advantage, capability to match Bulls in the forwards they should kick on from their impressive last outing. Bradford did look impressive against the Giants, but that win was put more in context withs Wigans canter tonight. Harris starts and Pryce misses out tomorrow. I dont know its a tricky one. Id :welcome opinions.:unsure

Im toying with the game at Warrington. I fancy Warrington +6. They have had the better of the most recent head to heads winning the last 3. With Bridge and Briers back together, home advantage, capability to match Bulls in the forwards they should kick on from their impressive last outing. Bradford did look impressive against the Giants, but that win was put more in context withs Wigans canter tonight. Harris starts and Pryce misses out tomorrow. I dont know its a tricky one. Id :welcome opinions.:unsure
I think the Wolves have a decent back 5, but i think Bulls will dominate, their pack is far stronger and the backs ain't too shabby either. Not had a bet yet, even though Rugbylad's theory about Wolve's hcp could be right, I expect the Bulls to cover this very easily.

I think the Wolves have a decent back 5, but i think Bulls will dominate, their pack is far stronger and the backs ain't too shabby either. Not had a bet yet, even though Rugbylad's theory about Wolve's hcp could be right, I expect the Bulls to cover this very easily.
This game has a similar feel to the Giants vs Wigan game. The head to head suggested Wigan had a dominance over their opponents but their abysmal away record would suggest a caning. It was this contradiction that put me off a pre match bet in this one. This game points to a Warrington win in the head to heads. The Wire did seem to match them in the Odsal game but the weather did seem to be a factor in that one. Id rather back Bradford to be honest, as Warrington are infuriatingly inconsistent. I think Bradford are the better team but its that infernal head to head thats putting me off Bradford. What I will say though, Bradford do look in the mood to buck the trend. Great away performance at Headingley. It could be another great away performance today. Maybe Im being swayed here...

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 11 Great job on Les Catalans & Wigan yesterday Henry....:clap I am still licking my wounds inflicted by Salford on Friday, I was so impressed with their defence....I worked so hard as a unit.....a little more creativity upfront and they would have won it. Nevermind....was out yesterday so missed Wigan's performance :eek

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 11 I am staying away from Wakefield and Quins today, two jekyll and hyde sides....but on away form this season Quins +4pts would be my shout. Really not sure about Warrington vs Bradford...lots of factors to consider so its a no bet also......go with your gut instinct Henry...mine would be Warrington +6pts, but thats probably blind optimism ;)

Really not sure about Warrington vs Bradford...lots of factors to consider so its a no bet also......go with your gut instinct Henry...mine would be Warrington +6pts, but thats probably blind optimism ;)
I think you have to be 100% and Im like 60/40 Warrington. :\

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 11 Much against my own advice Ive gone on Bradford at -4.5. I have been warned. Mainly by myself. I will regret this I know I will but there has to be at least one team this team able to cover the handicap this weekend and that has to be the form team. I loved what they were doing at the moment. Bridge and Koe-Love out for the Wire and fitness doubts over several other players. :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope:cow

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 11 Good luck Henry... I was going to add the 'fatigue factor' would come into this match....Bradford have a tougher games over easter and have a day less to recover for the trip to Warrington. But....we said all this about Salford on Friday and it was they who finished the stronger and perhaps could have won it. Good luck once again mate :hope

Had a bet now and taken Bulls -4 :hope

Newton sent off incorrectly already and try to the Wire!:sad Oh well that'll teach me. Should be Warringtons game now.
I dont think Newtons been sent off at all. I think hes just been sin binned. Hes seems to be back on the pitch. Anyway Bulls back in it 10-4. Try Bai!:clap