AFL Rd. 4.

Re: AFL Rd. 4. Re: junk time, I'm aware of that, but thought Collingwood was going to canter in for the 15+ points win. Essendon got the jump in the 1st quarter so it wasn't a canter, but it still happened. In any case, before Didak took that mark, those players wouldn't have been playing as if it was junk time. Sometimes a quarter can head out to 35 minutes, and two goals can be kicked in 60 seconds of game time, and the margin was just too close not to be putting effort in. However, they were dog tired. The reason I take margins is to increase the returns I will get on a result I believe will happen anyway. I haven't bet them much until this year but have done ok. Sorry for the after-eventing for the last match, will try to post what I am doing before hand Mat.

Re: AFL Rd. 4. The players invariably know how much playing time is left. The runners go out and tell them. I gave the Essendon spread backers the credit solely for the purpose of illustrating my example, but also in reality, would Collingwood have kicked that goal anyway if they weren't stalling for time? Another element of junk time ... don't we hate it when we need a last goal and their not helping! I know what your saying Mat. I considered taking them at the spread myself and maybe should do it more often when confident a team will cover. :ok

Re: AFL Rd. 4. Hey yeh I know I was lucky that Collingwood got the goal, I agree with you there. However if they didn't get that goal Essendon fans could have considered themselves real lucky for the fact their team got that jump in the 1st quarter from the Pies' match day nerves. I think both elements ended up balancing out. Anyhoo, I came out of that weekend slightly positive, hope you guys also did, heres to Round 5! Mat.