** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Punter's Lounge road to riches! (round 5 - easter monday special)

The Punter's Lounge road to riches! (round 5 - easter monday special)  

1. 1.

• Reading to beat Stoke
    • Brentford to beat Blackpool
    • Notts Forest to beat Yeovil
    • Grays to win at Aldershot
    • Stevenage to beat Crawley
    • No bet

we've now dropped into a loss - time to hit the winner this time ;) Basic Idea i will take a maximum of 5 selections each weekend (time allowing) from my own selection process (undisclosed), with odds > 1.50 (1/2) from most bookies. I will post a poll and also include a no bet option. Each of us can vote on the poll once and the bet with the highest votes will be our weekend bet. Should two or more bets have equally the highest votes, then singles will be placed on both/all selections. Should no bet receive the highest or equal highest number of votes, then no bet will be placed. I will make the voting public, so that if anyone requires, they can look at previous games/vote to look at individuals voting/success rate. The selection with the highest votes at 2:30pm on Satday will be the chosen bet(s) (unless stated otherwise). All games will be from England (prem-conf), scotland (prem-div3) and the league of wales. Each week will have a new thread, and use this thread for discussion on the matches selected Start bank = 500 pts Loss = 10 points Current bank = 492.2 each bet = 10 pts Number of Bets = 4 Won/Lost = 2/2(50%) Games selected for votes Won/Lost (from 20) = 13/7 (65%) No of Weeks all bets lost = 0/4 (0%) Previous Rounds Round 1 http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26463 Round 2 http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26765 Round 3 http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27076 Round 4 http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27436

Re: The Punter's Lounge road to riches! (round 5 - easter monday special) Clap-Hands.gif

FTNottingham F.2 - 1Yeovil
back onto the winning trail :ok again, the system throws up 4 out of 5 winners and it would've been 100% had blackpool not got a 89th minute equaliser :puke but at least we avoided the loser this time ;)
FTReading3 - 1Stoke C.
FTBrentford1 - 1Blackpool
FTAldershot T.0 - 3Grays A.
FTStevenage2 - 1Crawley
Start bank = 500 pts Win = 6.27 points (after commission) Current bank = 498.47 each bet = 10 pts Number of Bets = 5 Won/Lost = 3/2(60%) Games selected for votes Won/Lost (from 25) = 17/8 (68%) No of Weeks all bets lost = 0/5 (0%)

Re: The Punter's Lounge road to riches! (round 5 - easter monday special)

Nice one Ali' date=' nearly back in profit.[/quote'] cheers mate - on a personal level, I'm looking for a 70% strike rate from either the chosen pick or from the total of the games selected with the system, so I'm finding it an encouraging start, especially as there've been a few winners with odds >evens :D I'll continue this thread, if successful, into next season as its still early days yet and I dont want to rush in and get my bank account burnt as i've done before. I'm also keeping an eye on the stats of the chosen teams to see whether laying may be a good option - of the 25 games selected so far, 17 have won, 4 have drawn and 4 have lost (2 of which were in the first week) - the last two rounds have produced 8 winners and 2 draws from ten games, with the 2 draws, one had a goal disallowed (Grimsby) and the other conceded an 89th minute equaliser (Brentford), so hopefully I'm showing signs of getting the tweaking right rather than a lucky couple of days :\. Added to the fact that the 2 teams that also came up in my system yesterday were Newcastle and Bristol City who both won (2 teams had to go in order to have 5 to vote from - Newcastle were away in a derby game and Bristol were against another top half side - the other 5 games showed more promise, imo), its looking promising - only time will tell :hope