My First Live Game...

DAC

Is tomorrow. The Grovesnor in Cardiff, Altalntic Wharf, do a £20 freezeout starting at 3pm tomorrow with another £50 tourny starting at 8. I've decided just to treat it as a bit of a laugh and learn the ropes of live play, to be honest I'm really looking forward to playing a live game and if I'm probably a wee bit nervous :lol My tactics are to have a laugh, play the cards early doors and clock the bullies, I hope to be able to steal a few blinds mid tourny and then see how things go. Should be a giggle.

Guest gazza271

Re: My First Live Game...

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Blimey DAC - you never said the prizes were THAT good!!
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Re: My First Live Game... Feck me - I thought she was never going to leave! Bit embaressed about the poker, planned it down to the finest detail and then went and left all my id on the stairs. Doh. 10 hours of drinking then followed glad I had that colgate in the morning.

Re: My First Live Game...

Feck me - I thought she was never going to leave! Bit embaressed about the poker, planned it down to the finest detail and then went and left all my id on the stairs. Doh. 10 hours of drinking then followed glad I had that colgate in the morning.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin You just keep getting funnier DAC, what was her excuse, 20 hrs of drinking?

Re: My First Live Game... I was aware that I may have been wearing my beer goggles but I didn't know I had the old beer gloves, beer helmet, beer boots and beer socks on last night. To be fair, she was a cracking laugh. She fell over and hurt her knee this morning so I had to walk this nice young fat lady WITH A LIMP up my street. :rollin Nice one LJ! :lol

Re: My First Live Game... It looked great mate, mixed bag of people but as I mentioned earlier I left all my ID behind on the stairs.

So did you?
A gentleman never kiss and tells despite the fact that I would have needed a pencil a some selotape to make a splint last night and also despite the fact that I wish i had half a bottle of vodka under my pillow so I could have kept topping up this morning. Almost took her eye out.

Re: My First Live Game... Dac, I played in the "£5 rookie rebuy" at Grosvenor Bristol on Sunday, and was 13th out of 49... Funny thing is, there were "Rookies" there who have been playing for 10, 20 and in one case 40 years ! :loon:loon I knocked the 40 year veteran out though - short stacked, I go all in with pocket 7's...Steve Calls, everyone else folds.... Steve turns over Pocket Aces ! (Bollards ! I am going home...)....I river a Seven for a full house (two kings appeared on the flop...) :clap:clap

Re: My First Live Game... Just shy mate.....Top 9 get paid..... Credit where its due though, my poker has definitely come on a bundle since I joined Punters Lounge (Mind you, I was complete sh@t to begin with !) :loon I even make the points in the free to play poker pub poker league now ! Shock ! Horror ! Was 8th out of 40 last night....Top 16 get points....(http://www.poker.co.uk/league) Points ? Me ? Never, at least "BPL" (Before Punters Lounge)..... SHIT ! Hope "Ross the Boss" doesnt ban me for "advertising" the live pub poker league.....:unsure:unsure:unsure