General Horse Systems (Discussion)

The day-off has given me time to think and something like this would really be of great benefit to me, and probably others so I thought I might aswell make a post... I read an article this morning from someone saying systems aren't reliable structures that will show profit year after year. I personally, thought this was tosh. I would say I use any hard and fast systems, but I go by guidelines and I seem to do fine. I know some people here have systems going, so they will probably agree with my opinion on the article. Anyway, the article got me thinking and I began to wonder about the components of a system more specifically about the yield of a system and how people go about creating systems. Knowing the knowledgable bunch you are here, I thought I'd ask what type of yields you've come across with systems. Paper testing a system for about a month, based purely on a system, which involves no skill on my part to pick winners for horse races, I've come up with a yield which seems to be stablizing at about 35% yikes.gif . I've only been doing it for few weeks, as I say and haven't put any money on, yet, but do you think such a high yield is maintainable. Have you seen higher? I'm also interested in how you go about making a system for horse racing, yourself. If you'd be willing to share I think myself, and lots of other people who come across this, would benefit from seeing some of the best systems you've managed to come up with and the success it's brought so far. Obviously, if you've uncovered 'the system' (like Mr. Onedunme, for example) and and/or it's copyrighted by someone or you don't want to disclose much about it, I can't expect you to reveal, but whatever you can offer will be appreaciated. NOTE: I didn't put this in the systems and strategy thread mainly because it's about horse systems and there are probably more horse systems in this thread than that at the moment.

Re: General Horse Systems (Discussion) I doubt very much youll maintain that yield, especially if its only after a few weeks. How many bets has it generated, that could mean more than the time period. After 2 weeks my AM System A was running at 70%. Now after 5 weeks its at 41% but I still expect it to drop some more over the long run.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.