Betfair £5000 added tourney

GaF

Re: Betfair £5000 added tourney out in 168th holding 10 Q, flopped 9 J K one bet of 150, I raised to 450 and then called his all-in he shows AK, so I'm happy turn J river K and he says nothing ! Betfair - sort out your observer chat, even if only allowed for 60 seconds after leaving the table. It is ridiculous that a departing player can't comment - complimentary or not - on the hand that has just beaten him :@

Guest gazza271

Re: Betfair £5000 added tourney 93rd no cards and even when i had top pair ended up getting rivered several times:wall went out when tried making a move with AJs and met KK, see yah gazza:\

Re: Betfair £5000 added tourney I only got the raked hands today so wasn't eligible to play (next time I'll read my own post !!!). Anyone still going? Something I did spot though .......... On betfair you can play on any one of three currencies - GBP, USD or EUR - so far as I can tell, it makes no difference which one you play as you receive payouts at the same rate as you buy your chips..... HOWEVER, raked hands are calculated on the numbers IGNORING the currency.......... So £0.25/£0.15 will rake at exactly the same rate as $0.25/$0.15 (effectively about (£0.15/£0.10) ) - so there is a MASSIVE advantage in using US$ tables when chasing raked hands. A US$ table playing at the same real values as a GBP table will award a lot more rake........ Please someone tell me I haven't misunderstood........ The raked hands description on the Betfair web site lists the numbers without currency, seemingly confirming this.......... IMO there seems no reason at all to play on GBP tables........ (and it's a shame that the Italian Lira has been abolished :P) mypokerpoints_table1.gif The "maximum" rake per table (again if I am understanding correctly) is £3 or £3 or €3 - so again you potentially pay more rake on a GBP table

What is the rake? Rake is deducted from every ring game (cash game) pot at a rate of 5% with a maximum of 3 units ($,£,€) being taken from any one pot, this increases to 5 units at the 25/50 NL tables. A player is deemed to have contributed to the rake taken, on a pro rata basis (by number of players rather than amount staked), if he/she has been dealt cards in the hand. For example, if there are 6 players at a table but only 5 are dealt cards, each of the 5 players will be deemed to have contributed 1/5th of the rake taken, regardless of the amount staked by each player. Therefore in a £100 pot with £3 raked, this would be £0.60 of deemed rake per player. Pot Size Rake No Flop No Rake 60 3.00