Extreme Turbo

Jaded

Anyone else play them? I know most people prefer slower tourneys, but the 10-seater $5 Prima are ridiculously poor standard - I've won I think 4 of the last 6 I've played! Basically, 80% of the players there seem to hang around waiting for premium hands, folding left right and centre. Example: I'm playing my usual game, so anyone with half a brain can work out that I've got a reasonable hand perhaps 50% of the time at best. Blinds 320/640, I'm in small blind, stack of 940. Big blind has 860. Level up the following hand, meaning the small blind would take the BB down to 220 if they folded here. Everyone round to me folds, I raise, big blinds... folds?! What on earth possesses someone to fold at that point, surely the pot odds and the fact that their stack was nearly crippled meant they HAD to go all-in?

Re: Extreme Turbo I`ve been playing (and doing very well too) them quite a bit lately Jaded and as you say some of the play is strange to say the least. I`ve found it just as strange on the 5 seaters too when the blinds become huge. it is a bit mental though, blinds up every 2 hands:loon but i love the buzz

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.