Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4

FINLAND, SM-LIIGA

Tuesday 11 April 2006
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifÄssät v Kärpät (16:30 BST)3.354.202.10sp.gif102% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultPuck LineMoney LinePoint Spread - - -Correct ScoreDouble ChanceFirst Team to ScoreHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Team TotalOdd or Even TotalTotal Goals
sp.gifHPK v HIFK (16:30 BST)2.184.302.95sp.gif104% Related markets...Match ResultMatch ResultPuck LineMoney LinePoint Spread - - -Correct ScoreDouble ChanceFirst Team to ScoreHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Team TotalOdd or Even TotalTotal Goals

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Elitserien Sweden, Finals Frölunda - Färjestad Game 2. Färjestad lead 1:0. New game, new possibilities. The season is drawing to an end. In the first game Frölunda opened up with 1-0. After that Färjestad really got things together and they had the lead 3-1 after the first period. They also had 5-1 but then Frölunda scored 3 quick goals but never came closer since Färjestad won in the end 7-4. All in all a fun game to watch and 11 goals in the very first game in the final wasnt something that anyone expected to see. But if we think about maybe it wasnt that strange? Frölundas Tommy Salo injured his eye on saturday and he was really bad in the beginning of the game, something that arent used to. The semi finals between Färjestad and HV71 also contained many goals. The goalies Henriksson and Liv werent on their best. Frölunda will have to be on their toes this game to make it 1:1. Salo has been in great form and he cant possibly get a worse start than he got in the last game. I think that Frölunda will take this one since they are traditionally strong at home and winning this game is key to the entire series. Since there is a small lack in value in the odds for Frölunda I dont recommend to go very big on it. I also will have a go at the over bet here. The last game had 11 goals. This game wont have as many perhaps but it is worth a bet. I wouldnt go big on this one either. Frölunda @ 1.95 4/10 Nordicbet Over 5.5 @ 2.20 4/10 bet365 (1.67 for over 4.5 also available at laddies) :hope

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Ässät-Kärpät Ässät is leading 2-1 and is one win away from finals. I wrote to earlier thread about Ässät: Ässät is very tough home team, their audience is really much something to write about. It's said that their audience is not only 6th player for them, but it's 7th player. I've never seen same kind of audience here in Finland than Ässät has in these play-offs. Whole town is in extacy. Shouting is so loud that their Canadian player Matt Nickersson said that the noise is bigger than in any heavyconcert he has ever been and it sounds like 6500 lunatic criminals were yelling all they could. This is the thing that have to be remembered when Ässät plays at home. (especially at weekends, when :beer is involved) Now it's not weekend, but I believe audience to give them wings anyway. We are talking about biggest hockeygame in that town in 20 years. On the other hand Kärpät played extremely good in previous game, when they won 6-3. It was without a word the best Kärpät in this year. First time they looked like hungry, like they were willing to eat the puck if needed. And that was exactly what they have missed lately. Their roster is wider than anyone in this league, but luckily there is much more in hockey than skilled (and expensive) roster that counts. Key questions here are if Kärpät are able to keep that sprit still on in their away game and did they wake too late, when Ässät were already leading 2-0? Also Kärpät's goalie situation has been unstable during whole playoffs, after their number 1 goalie was injured. (don't know yet who is going to play) Tonight Ässät won't give anything easily to Kärpät, they will fight very hard and all their crazy audience will shout all they could to give Ässät wings and provoke Kärpät. Ässät has so far won all their playoff games at home. Very, VERY, interesting hockeynight to come!! My estimations (%) to this game are something like 35-22-43. So, Kärpät has a little edge, but tasty odds @ Ässät makes me put my chips to Ässät. Ässät to beat Kärpät @ 3,35 @ Expekt, 2 pts

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 HPK-HIFK HIFK is leading 2-1 and is one win away from finals. HPK was leading last game 3-0, when there was 13 minutes to play, but thay managed to lose that game and gave HIFK edge to go to finals. HPK is very good home team, and they should be clear favors here. HPK has lost homegame last time in early february. They were very dominant team in their last home game against HIFK, and were also dominant team in last game if not counting that last period they screwed. What wonders me most is are they able to recover from that HIFK's comeback or did HIFK get enormous boost from that. There was also couple of episodes (like HPK goalies theatrical injury and coming back to ice lately and HPK sending some videomaterial to league to get HIFK player suspended) that makes me wonder if HPK is putting their energy to right places. So, all in all, this game's key guestion in my mind is, if HPK has recovered from last game and are able to use their energy correct way, cause HIFK is a team that knows how to provoke. This will be also very interesting game and I'm looking forward seeing it. My estimations (%) to this game are something like 46-22-32 and that won't give me anything special to bet. (at least not yet...) ps. Too bad I can only watch one game at the same time. Two very interesting games today in Finland.

Welcome to PL, Lino88. This question is impossible to answer. You will find there no such thing as a banker or certainty and also the best tipsters hit a loser or a losing streak - it's the long term that counts. In this very case - it's the playoffs, for God's sake, ie. both team will do their best to win and Bamse things the series will be level come the end of this game.;) Make of it what you want, mate (and bet sensibly even on bankers;))

Ässät-Kärpät Also Kärpät's goalie situation has been unstable during whole playoffs, after their number 1 goalie was injured. (don't know yet who is going to play)
Updates
FIN SM-liiga, Injuries, April 11 - 11.04.2006
HIFK 13 HÄPPÖLÄ Toni C ** INJURED HIFK 14 TURUNEN Mikko D ** OUT HIFK 28 SALMELAINEN Tobias F - INJURED rest of the season HPK 31 RÄMÖ Karri G ** OUT HPK 10 HASSINEN Jani F ** INJURED rest of the season Kärpät 32 BÄCKSTRÖM Niklas G *** BACK from injury, starts as a backup goalie Kärpät 60 BILEK Vitezslav F ** OUT Kärpät 50 AALTONEN Juhamatti F * OUT Ässät -
Source: http://www.totalctrl.info/inj_sml.php

Kärpät 32 BÄCKSTRÖM Niklas G *** BACK from injury' date=' starts as a backup goalie [/quote'] Interesting update. It says that he starts as a backup, but if he is okay why wouldn't he start the game? This might be their last game this year. (or not)

Welcome to PL' date=' Lino88. This question is impossible to answer. You will find there no such thing as a banker or certainty and also the best tipsters hit a loser or a losing streak - it's the long term that counts. In this very case - it's the playoffs, for God's sake, ie. both team will do their best to win and Bamse things the series will be level come the end of this game.;) Make of it what you want, mate (and bet sensibly even on bankers;))[/quote'] Exactly, couldn't agree more! It's all about probability of team to win compared to given odds of their win.

Welcome to PL' date=' Lino88. This question is impossible to answer. You will find there no such thing as a banker or certainty and also the best tipsters hit a loser or a losing streak - it's the long term that counts. In this very case - it's the playoffs, for God's sake, ie. both team will do their best to win and Bamse things the series will be level come the end of this game.;) Make of it what you want, mate (and bet sensibly even on bankers;))[/quote'] :welcome to PL Lino88!! You´ll like it here... I second what Mixer said: Couldnt agree more on this. The play-offs are a completely different matter than the season. For ones, the statistics from the season that passed like H2H and other stats dont matter as much. What i focus on more at this time is the psychology of the team. For example Färjestad are reborn here in the play-offs as they havent played that well during the season. Nonetheless I think my thoughts come out well in my preview. When I write my previews and post my picks its just my thoughts at that moment... Make of it what you want, as Tulenos said, and bet sensibly :Ok Good luck to us if you decide to go for it matey :hope

SWE Elitserien' date= Injuries, April 11 - 11.04.2006
Frölunda HÖGARDH Peter F ** INJURED Frölunda ESBJÖRS Jonas F ** INJURED Färjestad SEVC Martin D *** BACK from suspension
Bamse81 please tell me are these players important for Frolunda and Farjestad. I belive I will follow yuor prediction and need this info. Thanks.:hope
:welcome to Crazy pown! Always nice with fresh faces.. Well that info doesnt scare me off the bet.. I known that Högardh damaged a joint in his shoulder (the acromioclavikular joint to be precise) but I havent seen anywhere else that Esbjörs is injured aswell.. Both Högardh and Esbjörs are able and well known players but they havent exactly been "hot" in the play offs. If you need stats on this and other stuff regarding swedish hockey http://stats.swehockey.se is a good site! Färjestad dont have any troubles at all with injuries but Frölunda know the importance of winning this game at home. They also play in the smaller arena Frölundaborg which will be absoutely packed with fans. What is maybe most important is that they wont give Färjestad as many chances to shoot as they did last game.. GL if you go for it :hope

Ässät-Kärpät Ässät to beat Kärpät @ 3,35 @ Expekt, 2 pts
As always, a fantastic write-up from the Mixer man!! I´ll follow this bet with a small amount since I know what Ässät are capable of. There is absolutely no value in Kärpät tonight and Ässät have the opportunity. :hope

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Forgot to mention that there has been some internal trouble in Färjestad. It all started when Per Ledin of Färjestad was being interviewed on live television and started yelling "Fatty!!" to Frölundas goalie Tommy Salo. Färjestad have now punished Ledin (I think he was shut out of a training session or something). I dont know how this affects a team but I hope they will be all mixed up tonight :ok

Ässät-Kärpät Ässät to beat Kärpät @ 3,35 @ Expekt, 2 pts
Fantastic stuff Mixer!! Thanks for this bet, Im glad I followed you! Youre quickly becoming a legend in PL. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:nana:nana:nana:cow I owe you one or two :beer