Combination Bets v 'LAY the AWAYS'

I've been looking at 'LAY the AWAY' football games and have a system that can select approximately 20 games each Saturday (& Sunday), and currently has a Strike Rate of 90%+ since the beginning of the season. Because the Home Odds are low, the Away LAY odds can be as high as 20.00. I want to look at making Combination bets on all the 20 games on all the Home & Draw odds, which I think may be a better option due to the high strike-rate. How do you make these combination bets, so that, say, if 18 of the 20 regularly 'win' and you want to make, say, 10 fold (or other) bets? How would you calculate the stakes envolved? Can these bets be made with on-line bookmakers? .... without them closing you down, if you're successful!!!

Re: Combination Bets v 'LAY the AWAYS' When doing accumulators of games to not lose it gets more complicated as the number of bets doubles with each additonal game. i.e. 2 teams=4 bets, 3 teams=8 bets, 4 teams=16 bets etc..... That's just for a 100% strike, let alone perming 10-folds out of 20 matches.

Re: Combination Bets v 'LAY the AWAYS' I think Sporting Odds or Bet365 do something called Double Chance where they give the straight odds on a team to avoid defeat. All you need to do is select these and do a standard 8/9 from 10 bet or whatever...

Re: Combination Bets v 'LAY the AWAYS' I assume you mean having the home and draw as seperate selections? If so, here is an example using just 7 matches:

Selections

Ispacer.gif

Repeat Single Stake

Ispacer.gif

Clear All
Event DateEventSelectionsOddsE/W Terms
127/03/2006Tottenham v West Brom (Full Time Result)Tottenham 2/5NoneRemove
Stake: Bet MaxTo Win:
227/03/2006Tottenham v West Brom (Full Time Result)Draw 10/3NoneRemove
329/03/2006Man Utd v West Ham (Full Time Result)Man Utd 2/7NoneRemove
429/03/2006Man Utd v West Ham (Full Time Result)Draw 9/2NoneRemove
528/03/2006Burnley v Southampton (Full Time Result)Burnley 11/10NoneRemove
628/03/2006Burnley v Southampton (Full Time Result)Draw 11/5NoneRemove
728/03/2006Preston v Crewe (Full Time Result)Preston 8/15NoneRemove
828/03/2006Preston v Crewe (Full Time Result)Draw 5/2NoneRemove
929/03/2006QPR v Stoke (Full Time Result)QPR 1/1NoneRemove
1029/03/2006QPR v Stoke (Full Time Result)Draw 9/4NoneRemove
1128/03/2006Milton Keynes Dons v Brentford (Full Time Result)Milton Keynes Dons 19/10NoneRemove
1228/03/2006Milton Keynes Dons v Brentford (Full Time Result)Draw 9/4NoneRemove
1328/03/2006Carlisle v Lincoln City (Full Time Result)Carlisle 4/6NoneRemove
1428/03/2006Carlisle v Lincoln City (Full Time Result)Draw 5/2NoneRemove
Where selections appear in red your multiple options are restricted.
Multiple Options
Bet TypeUnit StakeEWStakeTo Win
Doubles84@Bet Max
Trebles280@Bet Max
Four-Folds560@Bet Max
Five-Folds672@Bet Max
Six-Folds448@Bet Max
Seven-Folds128@Bet Max
Super Heinz15360@Bet Max
As you can see, to get any 6 out of 7 matches is already up to 448 bets! This would rise astronomically for any 10 from 20 matches. Non-starter that way.

Re: Combination Bets v 'LAY the AWAYS' Thunder, I have thought about doing something similar myself in the past. Because many of the matches are being played at the same time in the accumulator, I considered starting with say 10 pots, placing a bet from each pot, any pot that lost I discontinued but any pots that won carried over into the next weeks matches. One of the huge advantages of this is that if you have various bookmaker accounts, you can pick and choose the best available odds for each pot as and when required instead of being tied down to one bookie for an accy. You can even back the win with one bookie and back the draw with another, or the equivalent of a double chance on home and away wins with two different bookies!! The extra juice you can squeeze out the odds would make a difference towards the end of a good run. I have backtested this with the same sort of system that datapunter is running (hot favourites) with just win only selections and there have been runs of about 23 matches without a loss. The main thing there is to set yourself a target number of bets for your accy and then stick to it, Hopefully with a strike rate of 90% several pots may make it to your number of accy bets target, but you may get a bit twitchy towards the end when the pots are quite large:lol Best of luck with this anyway however you decide to run with it, it would be really interesting for us if you decide to start a thread so we could see how it develops. Ian. :ok