Playing poker whilst travelling query....

philossify

Am thinking of spending a few weeks wandering round Europe. Portsmouth to LeHavre then womble my way down to South East of France and then bottom of Spain (to see the banished Evertonian brother that has forever brought shame upon our household of staunch Liverpool supporters :rollin ) . Anyone know whether its possible to play poker from Internet Cafes - are they nice enough to let you download a poker client and play for a reasonable rate? Have used email and the like but never played poker from one. Would miss playing in the PL tournements whilst on holiday. I know nowadays you can play poker from your mobile phone but I've always imagined that to be an expensive way of losing money.

Re: Playing poker whilst travelling query.... A number of the rooms now have Flash versions with downloads not required ............ I would be worried about putting passwords in in "public" PC's though - would recommend if you are going to do it - put a temporary password in before you leave and change it when you get back (or daily whilst travelling) - but you're still taking a risk....... I presume you haven't got a laptop? Or one you could borrow? I would prefer that option...... Or of course you could enjoy your hols Poker Free :P (Nah - I know that's a stupid idea - and I shouldn't suggest things to others that I can't do myself .......)

Re: Playing poker whilst travelling query.... I'd say using a laptop is definitely a better, cheaper and more secure option - and there's hotspots all over the place these days. And if you don't have one you can pick them up super-cheap these days, £150 on ebay will get you a basic laptop with a wi-fi card - you can even rent them from pc world etc. I use www.jwire.com to find out where hotspots are when I'm travelling.