** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

What are the odds?

georgej

Was just knocked out of the SO freeroll, and was doing not too bad for a change :( BB was sitout and allin for 380 Kazar raised to 800 (2xBB) - he had about 5k in chips I raised to 2K with AK - left me about 2k He went allin Here's where i made my mistake. I called He showed 3 9 Flop 329 Turn 8 River A He wins I know the chances of people raising allin on SO in a freeroll are pretty high - even when they're holding nothing (but they're usually out by the time there are only 200 left) But what are the odds of 39 beating AK preflop?? Just wondering what else i could have done. cheers

Re: What are the odds? In those circumstances I would have taken a deep breath and assessed the situation carefully. Was there any need for you to put in the raise?? a call would have done. Then when I had finished resting I would have typed a tirade of abuse at the lucky and stupid tossbag and probably claimed that dick heads like him are the scourge of online poker as it is their ill-considered maverick play that spoils the fantastic game and leaves us with smashed mice of should that be mouses? ul mate

Re: What are the odds? Assuming unsuited cards: equity (%) win (%) tie (%) Hand 1: 67.4610 % 67.23% 00.23% { AcKd } Hand 2: 32.5390 % 32.31% 00.23% { 9h3c } hmmm.. AK not a big a favourite as I expected. As regards to the safety net, I played in that earlier and was staggered by the amount of bad play that was getting rewarded. :cry

Re: What are the odds? Fortunately the muppet play carries over into the cash games!! Just what the heck did this guy think he was beating!! Hand #240215513 at table: Table TH 1039 Started: Mon Mar 20 23:25:31 2006 1979bren is at seat 1 with 4.15 dziekan777 is at seat 2 with 3.00 zoli13 is at seat 3 with 3.95 alertgre is at seat 4 with 4.70 shauniouk is at seat 5 with 9.70 herrcluup is at seat 6 with 12.65 lape is at seat 7 with 14.45 banni1 is at seat 8 with 9.55 csabu is at seat 9 with 7.75 kaenshita is at seat 10 with 10.00 alertgre posts the large blind 0.10 zoli13 posts the small blind 0.05 shauniouk: Ah, Ac Pre-flop: shauniouk: Raise 0.40 herrcluup: Fold lape: Fold banni1: Raise 0.70 csabu: Fold kaenshita: Fold 1979bren: Fold dziekan777: Fold zoli13: Fold alertgre: Fold shauniouk: Raise 2.00 banni1: Call 2.00 Flop (Board: 6c, 7s, 4c): shauniouk: All in banni1: All in Turn (Board: 6c, 7s, 4c, 10d): River (Board: 6c, 7s, 4c, 10d, Qs): Showdown: shauniouk shows: Ah, Ac (a pair of Aces) banni1 shows: 8s, Js (high card, Queen) Mainpot: shauniouk wins the pot of 18.30 with a pair of Aces (0.95 rake were taken for this hand) Thanks for the money!!!! :ok :lol

Re: What are the odds? I hate AK - its the hand that gets me into trouble the most often :spank especially in small value MTTs - you raise, say to 3*BB and someone goes all in - what do you do? The raise could have AA or KK in which case you are behind, even if they have any other pair its a coin flip and worse of all they could be just somebody trying to bluff you and even if you call them (its hard to flold AK) you don't have a huge advantage against many other hands. I'm almost of the opinion that in the early stages of an MTT you automatically fold against a reraise or all-in unlesss the reraise is from an early small stack.

Re: What are the odds? i'll fold AK if necessary . Especially when two players in front of me had bigger stacks and raising like nobody's business . Have folded AQ AK recently in freerolls of late as i believe i'm behind . Thank god the few times i did it were correct decisions , they held pocket pairs of their own .