GOLF:Players Championship

Re: GOLF:Players Championship Just love watching the best players play a real tough course. Should happen more often. Dont think we will know the winner until the last put goes down, its that unpredictable. My hopes lie with Stephen Ames and maybe if Olazabal can stick in there he may yet get placed in the Top Euro market. Cant wait!

Re: GOLF:Players Championship I've had a few quid on Mike Weir for an interest tonight. If there's some wind around it could be carnage tonight! Agree with Billy, this won't be won until the last hole there's about 10-12 players who can win still and that 17 and 18 are so tough. Ask Oberholser how tough they are!!

Re: GOLF:Players Championship still think there may be some money to be made here, some big name players left in at this stage. Singh 3.55 = £11 staked Weir 14.0 = £2.50 staked Goosen 16.0 = £2.50 staked Furyk 20.0 = £2.00 staked Mickelson 40.0 = £2.00 staked £20 invested & hopefully a decent run from top 5 golfers.

Re: GOLF:Players Championship Some good value there Bowles, if i was to be honest i reckon i'd side with Vijay, it may come down to a cool head and he's Mr Unflappable, hope i'm wrong for my Ames bet. Early scores suggest its just as tough today but also playable as Howell and Jimenez went round under par earlier.

Re: GOLF:Players Championship Fair play to Stephen Ames, that was a very good round of golf under pressure, particularly the back 9. Given what he's had to put up with for the last couple of years I don't think many would deny him winning a tournament like this. It's a credit to him he's still able to play such good golf.