Odds on homes to beat long distance travellers (UK football)

sbi

Hi all, This is a new system idea I came up with today. I have done no previous testing and so it is a step into the unknown. I'll post more details / comment later when i have time. Here's the rules: Away team must be travelling at least 150 miles to the game (town to town distance as given by maps.google.co.uk). Home team must be odds on favourite ie under 2.0 (i will be using bet 365 odds for this). staking plan: 100 point bank 5% of bank placed on each selection, and also on the accumulator on days when there is more than one selection. today's selections (5 pts on each): Leeds @ 1.75 Nottingham Forest @ 1.65 Grimsby @ 1.62 Acca @ 4.68 All odds from Centrebet. :ok

Re: Odds on homes to beat long distance travellers (UK football) hi sbi i know someone who used to do this in scotland with reasonable success. something that we discussed was would this system work better in countries where the transport links are not quite as good. I've not looked abroad but with the right teams it can add an extra dimension to matches in wales as there is no good road links between north and south. all the best mate.

Re: Odds on homes to beat long distance travellers (UK football) hi, yes good point about the transport quality. one thing i had thought is this might work better in the lower leagues where they will not be using 'luxury' transport - high level teams might fly a private plane rather than in a coach.

Re: Odds on homes to beat long distance travellers (UK football) poor first day, grimsby @ 1.62 only winner. total staked = 20 returns = 5 x 1.62 = 8.1 new bank = 88.1 pts let's see how things run, none of the long distance travellers won, i'm sure we'll pick up a few of the accumulators along the way. :)

Re: Odds on homes to beat long distance travellers (UK football) I have just gone down saturday's coupon and found 13 matches where the away team had travelled more than 150 miles. only one of these teams (bradford beat bournemouth 0-1) won. there were 6 defeats and 5 draws. I created this thread too quickly, i think the idea is a good one but am not yet sure how to implement it. I will have a think over the next week. i think laying all long travelling away teams might be more appropriate rather than backing the short priced home favourites. this will have the advantage of a high strike rate and a lot more selections so we can see more quickly how useful this idea is.

Re: Odds on homes to beat long distance travellers (UK football) i'm going to start a new thread, with a new approach of laying the long distance team. i will also be considering all European leagues as there is a lot more selections available than in the UK alone.

Re: Odds on homes to beat long distance travellers (UK football) I read the Russian league has highest home wins - also biggest distances travelled ! Also consider the weather poor weather adds to distance and lack of away support. Also consider if mid week, which reduces away support. Ignore mickey mouse trophies as home support well down too.