Need a Staking Plan

I have a 'system' that has a 75% - 80% strike rate on EW selections, so the odds available are quiet low. The Max Odds being 'Betfair Proportions' of Win Odds of 3.10, so the maximum EW odds could be about 1.40 to 1.60. What Staking Plan would best be suited for this SR & Odds?

Re: Need a Staking Plan

I have a 'system' that has a 75% - 80% strike rate on EW selections, so the odds available are quiet low. The Max Odds being 'Betfair Proportions' of Win Odds of 3.10, so the maximum EW odds could be about 1.40 to 1.60. What Staking Plan would best be suited for this SR & Odds?
You're betting EW, not just to place? If so, what's the strike rate for wins? Choice of staking plan should depend on this as well as the strike rate for places.

Re: Need a Staking Plan

You're betting EW, not just to place? If so, what's the strike rate for wins? Choice of staking plan should depend on this as well as the strike rate for places.
Sorry, got my terminology wrong :$ ... should have said 'To Place', as per Betfair. To a level Staking Plan of £10, I've estimated that the yearly loss, since 1997, is about £200 - £250, so I'm hoping a decent Staking Plan will turn this around. I've estimated the average Betfair 'To Place' Odds to be about 1.25. Also the longest 'Losing-Runs' are 6 on 2 occasions, 5 on 5 occasions & 4 on 22 occasions.

Re: Need a Staking Plan Thunderfoot - If your showing a loss at level staking then its unlikely you have an edge. A staking plan cannot change a loosing system to a winning one. If the average odds you are getting are in fact 1.25 as you mention above then you would need a strike rate of greater then 80% to have any kind of edge.

Re: Need a Staking Plan Only a thought have you ever paper trailed the TOTE PLACE ONLY. Give it a trial for a week and compare it with Betfair to see how it would do.The only problem is you don't know your return till after the event. I do know someone who only does this bet with odds on favs in certain races and very rarely loses.