Learn from Daniel Negreanu

WorkingForTheEnemy

This is a small article from his piece in this months Inside Edge. Its tucked away in a corner and easy to miss. I thought it may be of interest to some people.

THE PROTEGE ("Its like a Donald Trump/The Apprentice type deal") Reckon you've got what it takes to be Negreanu's protege? Then step up. "Im going to give someone the taste of the life" says Daniel. "Of course you have to be an average Joe - so you cant be Phil Ivey. Ten seats get given away online. The ten players will play in a final thats in a live setting and the winner will be my protege for four months. Im going to take them on the road with me and put them into four $10,000 buy-in tournaments, give them some spending cash, put them up and teach them everything I know about poker. All the prize money they get, they keep." Tempted? Then try qualifying online at www.fullcontactpoker.net

Re: Learn from Daniel Negreanu It's been going on for quite a bit with three of the ten seats already filled. Wacky guy that Danny boy....can't imagine any single poker player who'd be as generous. It's not filmed for TV purposes, he's gaining little if anything and he's doing it off his own back. What a guy. :ok Some people would kill for an opportunity like this (not me though!). Mind you, those who post on FCP generally think DN is a god anyway.

Re: Learn from Daniel Negreanu Kind of loaded against non U.S. as usual with these sort of things........ "The top 50 finishers in this Seat #4 play money tournament will earn the opportunity to qualify for one of the Daniel Negreanu Protege Final Table seats. US residents finishing in the top 50 will be allowed to play for Seat #4 during the ESPN Poker Club online final tournament on March 26, 2006. If you finished in the top 50 and have not received an e-mail by Tuesday, March 7th, please contact 877-797-3300. Non US residents finishing in the top 50 will have the opportunity to play for Seat #6 by freerolling in the last sub qualifying round for Seat #6 on March 12, 2006, and then anyone finishing in the top 3 of this Seat #6 qualifier will advance to the Seat #6 Semifinal." Still a fantistic prize though and i kind of like D.N. and would have thought it would be a laugh as well as a great oppurtunity to learn and see how a "Pro" works. C.R.