Football Staking plan - help needed please

Hi everyone, This is my first time, i hope this doesn't hurt! . . . . . . Basically i'm just after a bit of advice from you guys. I've been betting on football now for yonks, and have decided to have a bit of a challenge. I want to start off with a bank and build it up 'til i reach a pre-determined amount (not sure of either amount though yet!) I stick to singles and on average, hit 3 out of 4 bets, never betting on anything too with too skimpy odds. I just need some sort of staking plan that gets me to my goal. Should i be betting a certain, set percentage of my bank on each bet? Or should i be adjusting my stakes depending on my percieved strength of the bet? Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers. P.s. apologies if this sort of thing has been covered in another thread.

Re: Football Staking plan - help needed please :welcome Settings targets can be dangerous. Have aims and a backup for when things go wrong without chasing your loses. For example, I'm current aiming to win 250k long-term with my multiple-bet football system - whether it ever gets there or not remains to be seen but if I can win just 1 attempt in every ten, achieving it 5 times within 50 attempts after an inital win, I'll get there. When I lose I go back to my very lowest stake and start again, having banked profit from the attempt before. % of bank is okay if your getting a decent price and a good strike rate, but it depends on your definition of 'not too skimpy odds'. I prefer 4/6 upwards but take as low as 8/15 when I need to. As for perceived strength of bet - there's two sides to that argument. I'm on the side of 'if you have a doubt on a team then why back them.' Don't know if this helps but hopefully others will wade in with further hints and suggestions.

Re: Football Staking plan - help needed please :welcome LRF! If you're winning 75% of the time and you picks are over 1.50 then you'll make at least +12.5% in the long run, which is very good. No reason why you can't start by dividing your bank into 20 units and stake 1 unit for each bet i.e 5% of bank per single bet. As your bank builds, so will your stake and if your strike rate is as good as you say it is, you won't have much to fear in the way of blowing all your money! Good luck Danny

Re: Football Staking plan - help needed please Cheers guys, Exactly the sort of stuff i was after, thank you. By 'skimpy' odds i mean anything under 1.50 but occasionally, i do take 1.40 if I have an exceptionally strong fancy, although this is quite rare. I recorded all my singles from about the last 6 months or so and did indeed hit 3/4 bets (well, 73.8% to be precise! ;) ) 5% of the bank as stakes sounds sensible to me. And thats the way i'll probably go. I'll probably be posting up some of my picks onto the appropriate thread so i'll see you around. Cheers again.