STT Strategi

Penelopeys

Hi. The steady dollars I make online is playing stt on Sporting Odds. Since I started out last summer, I have raised my buy in from 5, 10, 20 to 30 dollar stt. I often get in the money, and I play very patiently and wait for the good hands, and for the cowboys to fight eachother. BUT... I have found out something... recently I tried playing 50 dollar stt and in that you start with 2000 chips..... That makes a huge difference for the patient player... In the last four 50 dollar stt I played I got in the money, and yesterday I tried out a 100 dollar... patiently I waited and came in 2nd. So, if u play stt... try to attend the ones with a 2000 startingstack!!! ...and then be patient.... ;)

Re: STT Strategi Pene I did ok in the SO 5 player tables where the starting chips was 1500, often finishing in the money (top 2). But I was only playing $3 games, so no great profit. But my account did go from $17 to $61 before I withdrew it all t'other day. I definitely agree that because you start with more chips (1500) than in similar STT's on other sites (e.g. 6paks on Cryptologic sites or Turbo games on Prima sites - starting chips only 1000), it does favour the patient player. And you can afford calling the BB occasionally with a slightly weaker but still good hand without the fear of your chips dwindling away. Unfortunately, I never tried highering my stakes because I was afraid my luck would change and I would lose everything I had built up. With regards to the 2000 chips, on the cheaper tables you only got 2000 starting chips on the TV table, 1500 elsewhere. Do all (not just TV table) greater buy-in games start with 2000 chips? If I ever do get back to playing online poker (gone a whole 36 hours without playing so far :ok), SO may be where I restart because I did do well there... and, of course, that is where the DU is :notworthy . With regards to the TV tables on SO, does anyone know where they are televised? I could never find them. And why did the TV tables always take forever to fill up? Is it because players were scared that everyone would see how crap they play? :D

Re: STT Strategi i found the same thing on PP gaf, almost impossible to place, esp since the smallest stt was the $5 and there was 20% rake on the buyin (at elast when i played there) i decided it was probably full of people with too much money and too little sense and was just like a turbo or the like, mostly luck, little skill, hence i did so badly.

Re: STT Strategi

i found the same thing on PP gaf' date=' almost impossible to place, esp since the smallest stt was the $5 and there was 20% rake on the buyin (at elast when i played there) i decided it was probably full of people with too much money and too little sense and was just like a turbo or the like, mostly luck, little skill, hence i did so badly.[/quote'] If that were the case, AND if we were better than that, then these games should prove profitable :unsure With pure luck, I should have hit the money on 3 of the 10 (though 10 is a pretty small sample I know) - I suspect I have to look at my own play rather than blame the type of players on PP (though I would rather your explanation!!! ;) )

Hmmmmm ..... nice poste - Pene - thanks :ok I've been playing a fair few $5 STT's on Party Poker recently - and now have 10 on the trot without hitting the money (top 3!!) - I need to reconsider my strategy!!!!
Well...thanks Gaf :D , and ur welcome... Regarding not getting in the money, I think the higher stakes u play the tighter and the cleaner the play. U meet a lot of loons in 1, 3 and 5 $ stt, who will call with anything and get lucky... because loosing 5 bucks means nothing to them... Regarding startingstacks at 2000 chips: Didn't know about vcpoker, but i'll stay at SO... they have been so good to me :ok

U meet a lot of loons in 1, 3 and 5 $ stt, who will call with anything and get lucky... because loosing 5 bucks means nothing to them...
But that's good, cos in the long run it should be easier to make the money!!!! If I'm playing better than my opponents it will be easy ..... but I don't think I am :loon

But that's good' date=' cos in the long run it should be easier to make the money!!!! If I'm playing better than my opponents it will be easy ..... but I don't think I am :loon[/quote'] LOL... Well... patience and fold are the only 2 words u need to know in a stt :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: STT Strategi Thing is GaF you have to expect long losing runs as well as the odd nice run of results. Thats just the nature of the game. It doesn't necessarily mean you have played badly and need to re-consider your strategy. During the last 6 months of 2005 I had a ROI of 40.63% on STTs which was way above my expectations, that included some great runs and some not so great runs.. the longest being a 10 game losing run. Anyway, what I'm saying is sometimes you just have to play through it and look at the bigger picture. Having said that there's never any harm in looking back at how you've played and ways you can improve your game.