Steel City Tourney

msaban

Anyone planning on playing the Sheffield SSteel city tourney next week ? £1K freezeout for the main event, european ranking points and all that - there are sats £40 rebuy on Friday 17th starting 3pm which I'm hoping to play in, have taken half a day off work for. On a side note, played in a £30 rebuy the other wek in Sheffield the place was teaming with pro's, was on a table with a chap called Lawrence Gosney ( Google him) won $500K last year in WSOP and has a bracelet only took all his chips about 4 times. I spent £60 quid and finished 23/89 playing for about 6 hours, only top ten got payed but still an excellent experience

Re: Steel City Tourney Close but no banana. Entered the £40 sat, there were 60 entrants including a load of pro's and apparently some major internet players who all seemed to know each other from Ladbrokes cruises. It ended up being for 5 seats ( each worth £1050)and 6th and 7th did a split on the remaining £970 in the kitty.Have a guess were I finished.....8th !!!!! Started at 3.30 and got dumped out at just after 8pm, my A10 all in with 7.5K chips from the button getting called by the big stack BB who had 42o, who hit his 4.Blinds were at 5k/2.5K at the time. Had 1 rebuy and 1 add-on. Gutted about going on the bubble, but at the same time pleased with my performance, need to start earning for the next one. Mike