Adopt-a-Room

GaF

The poker forum has gone through a period of absolutely phenomenal growth recently - it seems to be getting bigger and better every day!!! It's now got to the stage where it's increasingly difficult for the Poker mods to keep on top of everything ...... the previous way of posting what we happened to see or what you saw was pretty "hit and miss" - and a lot could be missed - the time has come when we need to become more structured, more organised. If the mods no longer have to take the time to visit all the poker room web sites frequently, then it frees us up to work on other projects that can improve your visit to the forum. So I'm looking for volunteers!!! I would like people to "adopt" a poker room each - somewhere that they become an expert on - they know how raked hands there work, they know what regular value comps run there, they know what promotions are coming up (and the small print entailed within it!!) and communicate this to the forum through a thread dedicated to their room!! They also ensure that this room has the best of its games correctly set up in the diary. How does someone achieve this? Well it will need a little bit of time - make sure you visit their website regularly and the lobby of their poker room. Make sure you are on their mailing lists to receive their promotional mailings. So a little bit of time, but not a huge amount!! You will see that I have set up the first room specific thread!! This is for Poker4Ever. You will also notice that I have set up an affiliate link for it. That brings me onto part 2 of this project. I think we all benefit hugely just through sharing information here. In addition to this we can all also benefit through days out like the upcoming Sandown day, or the exclusive freerolls like we had at Betfair just before Christmas. Each and every one of us can take a huge amount from PuntersLounge - and a lot of us do!! (and there's nothing wrong with that!!) - unfortunately however, at the moment, the Poker section isn't as organised as it could be, in terms of generating revenue, and doesn't really give anything back to the PL community - we (poker players) are net recipients. I want to change that, so that the Poker Forum can "give something back" - and when we do, I look forward to being able to twist Paul's arm to get EVEN MORE freebies for us!! (but don't tell him - he doesn't know this yet!!!). I therefore want to put an affiliate link to the room at the top of each page generated in this project - this is at no "cost" to anyone signing up - simply by following that link, they generate income for PL (assuming certain conditions are met - for example depositing, or playing x raked hands etc...) My aim is to set up approx 1 page a day (though some days there may be none, and others a few - depending on how long it takes to set up affiliates with a site). At the end of this, I think we will end up with about 50 sites!!!! (so will need about 50 volunteers!!) So, lets get going!! Any volunteers to "manage" the first site, Poker4Ever? If your "home" is at one specific site, and you would like to take that one on, then please feel free to PM me, and I'll put your name down for it, but in general I won't ask for volunteers till the affiliate is set up.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.