Know your Nuts?

GaF

As I've mentioned elsewhere - I've just received "Winning Low Limit Hold'em" by Lee Jones - at the end of Chapter 1 is a quiz - question 8 - "What is the best possible hand (the "nuts") given these boards? What is the second best possible hand?" Now a doddle I thought - quickly skipped through it, didn't really spend any time on it, blah blah, and was amazed (shocked) at how many I got wrong. So no cheating (if you have the book) - PM me the answers and I'll put a scoreboard up of results. I'll lock this thread (so PM's only please!!) so that answers aren't posted here. I'll update the scoreboard here as and when I get the chance. I'll unlock the thread some time on Saturday to allow you to discuss the answers (congratulate the best scorers!!). Good Luck. EDIT To clarify - the second nuts is assuming that someone holds the nuts - so you cannot use the nuts cards!! Slapdash 16/16 whyc 16/16 Mr Intensity 16/16 Stonecoldnuts 16/16 Valiant23 16/16 The Quiet Man 15/16 Jaded 15/16 Hedonist 14/16 Football-Tipper 14/16 Doddsy 14/16 Brael 13/16 robilaruk 13/16 Pocket Lady 13/16 KevSul 11/16 1)[}} ££&££ ;;;;;&;;;; -.-.-, !"- 2)######'# -.-.-, %%%%&%%%% |||||&|||| :; 3)!){ [[[[[&[[[[ %^ ****&***** \\\\&\\\\\ 4)$$$$$&$$$$ (&!) <&,>>>> ]]]]]&]]]] %%%%&%%%% 5)}}}}}&}}}} //////&/// |||||&|||| $$$&$$ !&!!!! 7):; ****&***** ~# _____&____ @@@@&@@@@@ 8)_____&____ ;;;;;&;;;; .%^( {&} |||||&||||

Re: Know your Nuts? Thread is now open - so don't go any lower unless you wish to risk seeing answers!!! Not bad overall - well done everyone. :clap :clap :clap Number 4 was the one that really tripped most up - followed by number 5. Most of the others posed few problems. Number 8 was pretty ambiguous. The book answer was AhXh for the nuts, with KhXh for the 2nd Nuts - However I accepted AhKh for Nuts and AhQh for 2nd Nuts. The answers are: 1) QJ (AA) 2) T8 (65) 3) 43 (AA) 4) 33 (QQ) 5) 8d7d (99) 6) Ax (0x) 7) QQ (JJ) (QQQ is the lowest possible hand that can be the nuts when all 5 board cards are dealt) 8) AhXh (KhXh)