Gatecrashing

Pocket Lady

We all enjoy our exclusive Freerolls set up by Paul Ross and the prizes donated by various pokersites. We also take great delight in the way many people join PL with the sole intention of playing in these freerolls, only for them to be denied the password. :spank Imagine the furore had JacktheLad2005 managed to gatecrash our exclusive tournament and reap the rewards that PL and it's members deserved. I don't wish to appear too hypocritical, as I feel there is a difference between password protected private tournaments (such as PL's) and the tournaments such as last years Telegraph FF and the current Poker Player Grand Prix. The difference is (in my opinion) that in these cases they are often in the public domain anyway, and although I understand Equinox's arguement about restricting it to buyers of the magazine, that is an issue for the organisers. If my memory serves me, for the first Grand Prix tournament you registered in advance online and received the password in an e-mail. In alot of cases too late. If another series of tournaments such as the VC/Maxim King of Poker comes along, and is password protected I will have no heisitation in posting my intention to play. If other established forum members ask me in the relevant thread or by pm for a password for that tournament I would probably give it. In fact Mr V has made one post on the Inside Edge forum regarding the Telegraph asnd was almost immediately pm'd for the password by the moderator of the forum! However, because we are enthusiastic poker players this doesnot give us an automatic right to play in any private tournament. I am asking each and every member of this poker section and forum to show their respect to these private tournaments and let them be enjoyed by those for who they were organised for. Myself, Valiant23, Gotafancy and any mod of PL will close down any blatant attempts at gatecrashing by locking the thread (with a link to this thread), and in some cases delete it entirely.

Re: Gatecrashing Not sure if you're bumping this because you're asking for input or not. But just to say I agree with all of the above, if a forum explicitly doesn't want non-members playing (some don't care or even request it because they want new members or are hoping to benefit from aff links), then we have no business playing them.

Re: Gatecrashing I agree too - the nature of private tounry is quite implicit! Whats the point of making the effort to be a member/subscribe etc if all and sundry are let in? Think that 'regulars' have a bit of room for maneuvore regards passwords (PM them?), but open posting is prolly not a good thing IMHO

Not sure if you're bumping this because you're asking for input or not. But just to say I agree with all of the above' date=' if a forum explicitly doesn't want non-members playing (some don't care or even request it because they want new members or are hoping to benefit from aff links), then we have no business playing them.[/quote']

Re: Gatecrashing Not generally a fan of "me too" posts, but I agree too. If a group or forum (like us) wants to arrange an online tournament for its members, that's fine. If they want to restrict it to their members, that's fine too: non-members shouldn't expect to have a chance of "stealing" the prize money. It's in the nature of the online poker sites that the existence of these tournaments can't be kept secret, but I think it's an enormous cheek to try to blag your way into a tournament where you're not wanted. There are loads of cheap and free online tournaments that you can enter legitimately, so take advantage of these and leave the private tournaments alone.

• 11 months later...

Re: Gatecrashing

And the one's shouting on msn got directed to post one of the freeroll' date=' GaFs Password sticky and this too - I had had enough by then as I was having password requests via msn an hour into the tourney. :@ :wall[/quote'] I feel for you Sam and I hope you know the work you and the mods put into patrolling these tournaments is appreciated :clap

Re: Gatecrashing Pocket lady...excuse my ignorance for asking for password. I hadnt heard of site till i seen it on betfair and i did ask for the password but i didnt join it solely for the freerolls. I joined the site because its a great site. If i do get to play in the freerolls great...but if not im not to bothered as i still wont leave the site. What i'm trying to say is i didnt realise about this whole post things. I'm new to this and wont be asking for any passwords in future...if i get them sent to me well and good if not i'll just keep popping my head in posts here and there with my views :) Merry X-mas, David.

Pocket lady...excuse my ignorance for asking for password. I hadnt heard of site till i seen it on betfair and i did ask for the password but i didnt join it solely for the freerolls. I joined the site because its a great site. If i do get to play in the freerolls great...but if not im not to bothered as i still wont leave the site. What i'm trying to say is i didnt realise about this whole post things. I'm new to this and wont be asking for any passwords in future...if i get them sent to me well and good if not i'll just keep popping my head in posts here and there with my views :) Merry X-mas, David.
:welcome David No-one minds the question but it is how it is asked. I think you've already shown that you will be a welcome visitor and member here and I look forward to meeting you across the tables. Be prepared to add to the number of sites you play at to get the full experience ! :ok

I dont think its right especially how I have waited (not long) but i know what it takes to get PW's and unill I have the required amount of posts I dont think I should be entered but hopefully I will be there soon:hope
Good on you mate :ok join in with the Paradise freeroll each night and other games that we all play regularly - good to see that you've stayed and posting :ok