pokeritieto freroll (betfair)

rerasta

Re: pokeritieto freroll (betfair) To be fair, it isn't nice trying to obtain passwords if we haven't been given them or know where to find them. Imagine if it was our freerolls. Paul goes to all the trouble to get us games and how pissed off would we be if someone we didn't know invaded our game? I also am a little miffed with people handing out PokerPlayer passwords too. If people cannot be bothered buying the mag then I think they shouldn't have the privelage of having the password. Right, I am off my soap-box now but I hope a few people agree with me.

Re: pokeritieto freroll (betfair)

To be fair, it isn't nice trying to obtain passwords if we haven't been given them or know where to find them. Imagine if it was our freerolls. Paul goes to all the trouble to get us games and how pissed off would we be if someone we didn't know invaded our game? I also am a little miffed with people handing out PokerPlayer passwords too. If people cannot be bothered buying the mag then I think they shouldn't have the privelage of having the password. Right, I am off my soap-box now but I hope a few people agree with me.
I agree entirely but it's for $2500 and theres only 143 in it at mo:unsure

To be fair, it isn't nice trying to obtain passwords if we haven't been given them or know where to find them. Imagine if it was our freerolls. Paul goes to all the trouble to get us games and how pissed off would we be if someone we didn't know invaded our game? I also am a little miffed with people handing out PokerPlayer passwords too. If people cannot be bothered buying the mag then I think they shouldn't have the privelage of having the password. Right, I am off my soap-box now but I hope a few people agree with me.
If it's set up by another poker forum for their members then I think we should steer clear. We wouldn't like it if someone crashed ours. As for the Poker Player one then that's already in the public domain. The password could be easily obtained by just having a quick look at the magazine off the shelf without buying it.

Re: pokeritieto freroll (betfair) With regards to tonights freeroll. This is a private freeroll, much the same as ours, and it would in no way be proper for us to try to obtain the password, or share it if we did have it. This would only, in my opinion, change should they put the password in the Public domain (i.e. put it on their website). If you want the Password, your only option would be to contact the website in question, however expect them to tell you where to go (much as we did with people signing up just for our password at Christmas!!). I view the Betfair password slightly differently - so far as I'm concerned this is put in the public domain. Not just in the magazine, but also on the Betfair web site and is emailed out to all registered users. I am therefore happy to share the password with registered users (as Betfair seem particularly inefficient at sending the password out, and sometimes it is received AFTER the tournament has started!!). Non registered users you will see I directed to the sign up form on the Betfair web site (where they have to sign up, then are given the password on the Web Site). Given this I don't feel it is unethical to share the Betfair Password with registered users by PM, however if there is a strength of opinion here that it is not right, then I will cease doing so.

Given this I don't feel it is unethical to share the Betfair Password with registered users by PM' date=' however if there is a strength of opinion here that it is not right, then I will cease doing so.[/quote'] I agree with everything you've said GaF. How about a poll though to gauge what everyone else thinks?

I agree with everything you've said GaF. How about a poll though to gauge what everyone else thinks?
Thanks Brael :ok I'd rather steer clear of a poll for the moment - what the majority says isn't necessarily the "ethical" thing to do. I've expressed my reasons that I feel justified in "sharing" the Betfair password with registered players in the tournament - so if I am to change my behaviour, I am looking to be persuaded that there are good reasons I should not be doing it, rather than simply following the majority view. :ok

so what is the password i'm a registered betfair person
Are you registered for the Poker Player Grand Prix with Betfair (www.betfairpromo.com/pokerplayer)? If so, I'm happy to give you last nights password, though that won't be much good to you, as it's finished now!!! (and the password is available on the site when you register!!) So far as tonights freeroll is concerned, this is a private freeroll. I do not know the password and am not in it, but if I was, I would not be prepared to share this password. If you want to know the password then you should contact the site in question.

As for the Poker Player one then that's already in the public domain. The password could be easily obtained by just having a quick look at the magazine off the shelf without buying it.
Then maybe the password should be obtained by people's own merit by going out to the shop and sneaking a peek through the magazien rather than sitting at home and waiting for someeone else to tell them it. Passing on passwords like this takes away from the people who have more of an entitlement to play that specific game. The reason why I am a little bitter about this is because I was in that Inside Edge Joe Hachem freeroll the other night and asked everyone on my table whetehr they read the magazine and out of the ones who responded none had heard of it. It is like the story of the Little Red Hen...

Re: pokeritieto freroll (betfair) I know what you are saying Eq but I would suggest this alternative view. People spend a good deal of time on here helping each other improve and offloading rants etc. So if we can help each other in some way then I think we should. As this is a forum dedicated to poker, the improvement of each others game AND to some degree a chance to act as a team in events ( not playing for each other but chance to compete together) then I think that there is an arguement that we should afford each other a few gifts from time to time. I completely agree that private tourneys should remain private ( in that a group of friends or a particular forum etc) I think that a group who help each other to gain experience is not the crime of the century. That said... if some chimp had sleezed his way into the Punters Lounge Xmas freeroll I would happily set fire to his house. Mind you.... the bloke that won it was awesome and would have beaten him anyway! Danno the cunning!

Sorry mate - but are you FOR REAL ??? :spank:spank:spank Its a PRIVATE, thats P..R...I...V...A...T....E freeroll in Finnish thats y.k.s.i.t.y.i.n.e.n !!!!
I THOUGHT IT MEANT You.Know.Stupid.Idiot.That.You.Intended.Not.Entering.Now didn't know it was really finnish

I know what you are saying Eq but I would suggest this alternative view. People spend a good deal of time on here helping each other improve and offloading rants etc. So if we can help each other in some way then I think we should. As this is a forum dedicated to poker, the improvement of each others game AND to some degree a chance to act as a team in events ( not playing for each other but chance to compete together) then I think that there is an arguement that we should afford each other a few gifts from time to time. I completely agree that private tourneys should remain private ( in that a group of friends or a particular forum etc) I think that a group who help each other to gain experience is not the crime of the century. That said... if some chimp had sleezed his way into the Punters Lounge Xmas freeroll I would happily set fire to his house. Mind you.... the bloke that won it was awesome and would have beaten him anyway! Danno the cunning!
:unsure I thought you won it Danno?