Betfair lay calcs

AJ

Ok, hope someone can help me with this. I've taken an bet on bf 5 units at 6.72, which will return 33.6 (before com) I think this price is artifically high, and by the time the even starts in 2 days the price will be around half this. It's a 3 option bet, (win / draw / lose). right now i'm covered on 1 outcome, and stand to lose 5 units in the event of draw / loss. I think the route forward is to lay the team I've bet on when the odds fall, for the same 5 unit stake, This removes all risk from the market for me, and I basically have a free bet, at the difference between my orginal bet price, and the price I lay them off at. But what I want to know is, can I do this differently to lock in a profit in all circumstances, I think I may have to take a larger stake to lock a profit, but I'm struggling with the details, anyone help ??

Re: Betfair lay calcs You're exactly right mate. If the price diminishes you can lay for your original 5 unit stake and have a risk free bet although your profit will shorten. This depends on the price of course. If the price moves in a clear point i.e to 5.72, then you'll win 5 units and risk nothing on the other 2 outcomes. If the price drops by 2 clear points i.e 4.72, you'll win 10 units and lose nothing. I'm not sure of the formula to win an equal amount but if the price shortens to 4.72, a lay of 7.1 units against your original 5 units stake will generate 2 units profit for any of the 3 events. I worked this out by logging into Betfair and messing about with the prices with all 3 boxes ticked in the P&L settings.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.